Chapter 42 || I really like you

Kaylee's POV

I've always loved Valentine's Day and when I was dating Axel we made a big deal out of it. Valentine's Day was the only day he was the best boyfriend ever and he always planned ahead. This year I have a new boyfriend and I have no idea if he wants to go all out. I arrived at school and spotted Flynn near his locker.

"Hey babe!" I kissed him.

"How are you?" He asked with a big smile.

"I'm fine. Do you know what day it is?" I asked with a hopeful smile.

"It's friday." He looked at his watch. "I should go to class. See you at lunch." He kissed my cheek and left.

Could it possibly be that my 'perfect' boyfriend forgot about Valentine's Day? Flynn is so thoughtful, he wouldn't forget about one of my favorite days ever! He's probably organizing something super sweet.

"Are you alright, Kay?" Axel asked.

"What?" I turned to him.

"You seem upset."

"I think Flynn forgot about Valentine's Day." I looked down.

Axel put his arm around me and smiled. "No one could ever forget about this day when they are dating." He touched my hand. "Flynn seems like a nice and he's preparing something for you. I'm sure of that."

I smiled at him. "Really?"

"Of course. If he doesn't I will kick his ass."

"So what are you planning for your girlfriend?" I asked curious.

"She's not into Valentine's Day but I bought her a bracelet."

"That's sweet, Axel." I smiled. "And thanks for the pep talk." I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

Axel was never a bad guy and he's a great friend. I think we can act like mature people and handle our breakup gracefully, even though he used to be a massive jerk.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

At lunch, I found out Flynn really had something planned for me, Nick and Nora were gonna have a romantic dinner and apparently, Scarlett and Zane were back together.

"How was the whole 'getting back together' thing like?" I asked.

"I don't know." She smiled. "We just made up and it was perfect. I believe Zane and I are really meant to be."

I hugged her. "I'm really happy for you, Scar. You deserve to be happy."

"So do you. What does Flynn have planned for you?" She asked.

"He's taking me to a hot new restaurant." I squealed.

"Is there a new restaurant here in Sacramento?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I know right!" We laughed. "By the way, Axel was super nice to me today when I was bummed about Flynn."

"That's weird!"

"Axel changed a lot since he started dating his new girlfriend. He's more mature."

"Yeah, about that..." Scarlett was interrupted by Flynn.

"Do you still need a ride home?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I smiled and turned to Scarlett. "You can tell me about her later, okay?"

Scarlett was acting weird because of Axel's girlfriend. Was it because she thinks I have feelings for Axel? We had closure so she doesn't need to worry about it.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

After out Valentine's Day date, Flynn walked me home and made jokes. It was all so perfect and I felt so safe around him, but why was it that I didn't feel the sparks I used to feel in my previous relationship?

"Did you enjoy our evening?" He asked holding my hand.

"I did. It was all perfect and the food was delicious." I smiled.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. Kaylee, I really like you and I want you to feel comfortable around me. I really did forget about Valentine's Day but Nora mentioned it to me and I pulled all my strings to get this last minute reservation."

"You really went through all this trouble for me?" I asked surprised.

"Of course. I know how much you love this day and I messed up so..."

I interrupted him with a kiss. "Stop talking and let's get inside." I smiled.

"I really shouldn't."

"Why?"

"Because we've been dating for a very short time." He answered.

"Just come in for a cup of tea. No pressure." I held his hand and we went inside. "By the way, this was the best day ever."

Axel was my first love and I was never gonna feel that way about anyone ever again, but Flynn was perfect and I know we could make it as a couple.