Chapter 50 || Best mistake

Zane's POV

The next morning I woke up with the biggest hangover ever and then it hit me. I told Scarlett about Heather and she was pissed at me! I was so stupid.

"Good morning Sleeping Beauty?" Axel teased me.

I groaned. "Could you please just close the blinds? My head hurts."

Axel smiled. "I prepared my amazing hangover cocktail. Drink and stop being such a pussy."

"Thanks man."

"Did you and Scarlett make up?" He asked.

"Not really. I said something stupid and she dumped me." I took a sip of the hangover cocktail. "You should really think about selling this drink. You'd be rich!"

"Thanks." He smiled. "What happened between you two?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." I got up and decided to get ready for brunch.

"I told Kaylee I loved her."

I threw a pillow at him. "Really? What did she say?"

"She likes Flynn. I can't blame her. Plus, I'm dating Ellie."

"Do you love Ellie?" I asked.

He scratched the back of his head. "I love Kaylee, but I don't wanna hurt Ellie."

"Chicks make us crazy!" I said before getting in the shower.

Scarlett hated my guts and Kaylee was messing with Axel's head. Like Wes says 'bitches be cray cray."

____________________________________________________________

I arrived at the buffet and Scarlett was there with Kaylee and Flynn. My hands were sweating and my heart was beating so fast but I had to talk to her.

"Good morning!" I said.

"Hello mate!" Flynn greeted me.

"Hey!" Kaylee said while looking at Scarlett.

"Scarlett, I want to talk to you."

She kept doing what she was doing. "Too bad. I have nothing to say to you."

"Listen, I'm sorry!" I apologized.

"Fuck you, Zane! You lied to me and I don't talk to liars."

I grabbed her arm and took her outside so we could talk. "I was drunk and said some stuff I shouldn't."

"You told me the truth while you were drunk. You're not sorry because you lied to me. You're sorry because you got caught." She said, clearly hurt.

"I didn't get caught! I told you the truth and I'm sorry if it hurts you. At the time I hooked up with Heather I didn't know you."

She sighed. "Fine. Just do me a favour and stop talking to me. I'm never going to forgive you."

"You're such a hypocrite! You're lying to Kaylee so get down of your freaking ivory tower." I got mad.

"Fuck you, Zane!" She said before leaving.

I wanted to apologize and made things even worse. The worst part was that I didn't regret it. She needs to grow up and live in the real world.

______________________________________________________________

I went to the beach so I could think and clear my head. All this mess started because Scarlett butted in and now I was in the middle as well. I lost my girlfriend and I'm hiding stuff from my friends. Suddenly, I saw a familiar blonde girl with legs for days. Heather...

"Heather!" I called her name.

She turned around and smiled. "Zane!" She ran up to me and we hugged.

"Are you here to clear your head?" I asked.

"I'm here to try and decide whether I should talk to my sister or not." She sighed. "She doesn't deserve a sister like me."

"What are you talking about?"

She looked at me with her pretty eyes. "Scarlett is right! I have to look for Kaylee and prove to her that I've changed."

"Scarlett is just pissed with me." I said.

"Because she knows about us." Heather laughed a little. "She bitch slapped me."

I laughed. "I'm sorry."

"I kinda deserved it. I told her that the sex with you was amazing." She looked into my eyes.

"And was it?" I asked.

"I don't really remember." She looked down.

I held her by the waist and kissed her. "You better remember."

We went to her apartment and pushed her against the wall and kissed her. She took off my shirt and took away her dress. Afterwards, we went to her room and pushed me onto her bed where we had sex after years of not seeing each other.

After we were done, Heather put her clothes on. "This was a mistake." She said.

"You're right." I started to get dressed. "I just had to get you out of my system."

"Yeah. We shouldn't have done this and maybe it's best if we never speak of it again."

"Sure." I smiled.

"What?"

"You liked it."

"Shut up!" She laughed.

Heather was complicated and messy but she made me smile and laugh. Scarlett was quiet and smart but she made me feel good, not great. I just never meant to hurt Scarlett.