Chapter 23 || Blank space

Kaylee's POV

I can't believe Axel punched Nick. What a jerk! Nick didn't deserve that and it was all my fault. I should've been a big girl and taken care of my problems without Nick helping me. To be honest, it felt good to be with Nick during that tough time, but now I feel bad because Axel was acting like an asshole. Poor Nicky!

"Why do you have to be such a jackass?" I pushed Axel against a wall.

"Why are you protecting him? Do you like him now?" Axel smirked.

I slapped him. "At least Nick is a real man, unlike you." I paused. "What would you have done if I was pregnant?"

He stared at me. "I don't know."

"You want easy but I want a real relationship. I want someone who's gonna stay with me through thick and thin." I stepped back. "You're not that guy, Axel. Not anymore." I walked away from him.

This was my closure. Right now, I could seriously say that I don't have feelings for Axel anymore and that's a good thing. I can finally move on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dropping Nora at home, I stopped the car and tried to talk to Nick about Axel. I really felt bad and Nick needed to know that.

"Nick..." I started.

He looked at me and smiled. "Yeah?!"

"I feel really bad about what happened. Axel had no right to hit you just because you were a good friend to me."

"It's okay. I was shocked when he hit me but I understand." He smiled. "Axel loves you."

"Axel loves his ego. He hit you because he thought you were hitting on me." I blushed a little.

"I would never hit on you." He paused. "You're like a sister."

I looked down. "Yeah... Right." I smiled at him.

"It's not your fault Axel is a neandarthal." He smiled. "You deserve better anyways."

"Thanks." I kissed his cheek and he flinched. "Does it hurt?"

"A little." He touched his swollen eye. "Nothing very big. Goodnight Kay."

"Goodnight Nicky!" I smiled and waved.

Nick was being so mature and amazing. He was the best and I meant what I said to Axel, Nick is twice the man Axel will ever be and I'm enjoying getting to know the new Nick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The weekend flew by and it was monday already. I wasn't too excited because even though I had closure with Axel I didn't want to face him.

I honked and yelled. "Get in losers!"

"I'm coming!" Scarlett yelled back.

Scarlett and Nick got into the car. "Do you guys wanna go to the mall after school?" I asked.

"I have plans with Zane." Scarlett looked away.

"And I have to work at the tutor center." Nick said.

"Oh... Okay." I started the car and drove to school. "At least we can have lunch together." I smiled.

"Yeah." Nick smiled as I watched through the rearview mirror.

"Good."

We arrived at school and I noticed Todd and Axel arguing. They were friends and even though Todd was an asshole I never saw him mad at anyone.

"I'm going inside." I said.

"I'm coming with you." Scarlett smiled and grabbed my hand.

"I'm gonna wait for Nora. See you at lunch!" Nick waved.

Axel was out of the picture for me and we only had one more week left before winter break. I should prepare myself for a winter romance.