Chapter 25 || Are you happy now

Nora's POV

It was the last day of school and I was at the library waiting for Nick. We were going to have a little end of first semester celebration at the cafe. I went to the Physics section of the library and I saw a couple making out. It was gross!

"Where are you looking at freak?" The girl smirked and they laughed as I dropped my book.

I was in the girls bathroom that day washing my hands when the door slammed open and I saw Lucy Schmidt and her minions.

"Sorry! I didn't see you there, Dora the Explorer." She said and the girls laughed.

When I was younger I wanted to be an archeologist and Lucy tormented me ever since. It was hard being a 16 year old in my previous school. I didn't fit in any clique and everyone laughed at me and bullied me.

"It's okay." I lied.

"Are you still joining the Science club? I hear it's lame." Lucy asked me.

"I'm the president."

"Of course you are." She washed her hands and one of her minions spilled water on me. "You're so clumsy, Ash." The girls laughed and left.

I never cried over anything but I guess that day I reached my boiling point. I cried so much that my brother had to take me home. I promised myself I would be stronger but sometimes promises are just... empty.

"Don't ever call me freak again." I said while picking up my book and they stared at me.

I went to the table I was sitting in and grabbed my things when I saw Nick smiling.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yes." I smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived at the cafe and Nick went to order our things. When he came back, he brought me my favorite tea and a bagel. How could I ever be as good to him as he was to me?

"Nick!" I called out.

"Yes?!" He said smiling.

"I love you."

He held my hand. "I love you too."

I stood up and then sat right beside him. I looked into his eyes and kissed his lips in a way I have never kissed him. "I really love you."

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"No. It's just that you like me but there's so much about me that you don't know." I played with my fingers while looking down.

He touched my face and made me look at him. "I have time to learn everything about you. I'm not going anywhere." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm so lucky to have you." I smiled.

"I'm the lucky one." He smiled as well and took a bite of his donut.

Nick was really the boy I loved and nothing could come between us. I fell hard for the smartest and most amazing person I have ever met and he felt the same. What are the odds?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home, my parents were sitting in the living room watching television. I found it odd but I was so happy that I didn't give much thought about it.

"Nora, honey?!" My mother called.

"I'm coming!" I answered.

"Sit down sweety." They were smiling and now I was concerned.

"What is happening?" I asked.

"Well, we just want to know how is school." My father smiled.

"It's good... You want to know if there's smothing wrong." I said.

"Sweety, we're just worried." My mother sat next to me.

"I'm fine, honest." I smiled. "I have friends, a boyfriend and my grades are off the chart."

"We're really happy to hear that." My mother hugged me.

"Can I go to my room now?" I asked.

"Of course, kiddo." My father smiled.

I went upstairs and layed down on my bed. My thoughts kept racing through my mind and it all came down to that eventful day that made my parents decide to move.

"I am not letting my daughter be abused like this. She is a bright girl and she deserves to be treated like a decent human being. If you don't expel those girls who hit her I will press charges and move away. You better expect a lawsuit!" My father yelled at the principal.

Lucy and her minions had assaulted me the day before and I told my brother. Being protective as he is, he told my parents and they decided to talk to the school board. Lucy is the vice-principal's daughter and even though I'm the child prodigy, they didn't take that into consideration and never punished her. I decided to go out for some fresh air when I met a girl. She was tall, blonde and had blue eyes.

"Are you waiting for someone?" She asked.

"Yes. I'm waiting for my parents." I answered while looking down.

She smirked. "You got in trouble? It's okay if you did cause I used to get in trouble all the time. I'm not the judgy type." She was smoking a cigarette.

"No. Actually my parents here because some girls hit me and they've been mean to me since third grade." I played with my fingers.

"I hate mean girls! They think they're so fucking perfect when in reality they're fucked up." She finished her cigarette. "Just leave this school and never look back. You look like a nice girl and you shouldn't let others tell you that you're a loser. Deep down you know you're better than most of these morons, anyways." She smiled. "If anyone disrespects you ever again, just stand up for yourself." She started walking away.

"What's your name?" I asked.

She stopped and turned around. "Heather."

"I'm Nora." I smiled.

That was the girl who reminded me of who I really was and I never saw her again. I wish I could see her and thank her for everything. Those words inspired me to be normal... ordinary while keeping true to myself. I became stronger.