Chapter 30 || Change

Nick's POV

I was in my room reading a comic book when I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door and Kaylee was outside smiling. Her smile was so bright that I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Hey, Kaylee!" I said.

"Hi!" She walked in. "Guess what!"

"What?" I was confused.

"I convinced Maisie to invite you and Nora to her New Year's Eve party." Once again she smiled.

"I don't know... Last time I went to a party I got a black eye." I pointed out.

"I know but this time will be different." She said. "Axel won't be at the party cause he's still in Europe and I will protect you."

"Shouldn't I be the one protecting you?"

"Oh please. I can beat you up anytime. If we were in prison, I would make you my bitch." She rolled her eyes.

I laughed. "Well, I'm going but only because Nora can go and I don't want you to beat me up. You might be tiny but you're strong."

She looked at me. "You really love her, don't you?"

"Who?" I asked.

"Nora, silly!"

I looked down. "Yeah... I love her."

"I wish someone would love me as much as you love her." She smiled.

I hugged her. "You will find that someone."

She kissed my cheek. "Wear a nice shirt!"

"I will." I smiled as she left my house.

I didn't feel like going to Maisie's party but I wanted Nora to get along with my friends. To be honest, I felt like the girls didn't like Nora that much despite her efforts to be their friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night of the party I went to Nora's house. My dad let me borrow his car for this occasion since I got my license right before winter break.

"Good evening Mr. and Mrs. Horowitz!" I greeted Nora's parents.

"Hello Nick! Would you like a muffin?" Mrs. Horowitz asked.

"No thank you." I smiled.

"Nora is just getting ready." Mr. Horowitz said.

Suddenly, she walked down the stairs looking gorgeous. I was so lucky to have a beautiful girlfriend like her. I remember that the jocks used to mock me about girls all the time. Nora was wearing a golden top and black pants. Her hair was in a ponytail and she barely had makeup on but she looked amazing.

"Nora, you look perfect." I smiled.

She smiled shyly and looked at me. "You too."

"Have fun sweetie!" Mrs. Horowitz smiled at Nora.

"But not too much fun." Her dad winked.

"I know dad." She smiled.

"I will take care of her." I said.

Nora and I headed to the car. I should have dressed better. I was only wearing a dark blue shirt and dark jeans, too casual to be around Nora.

"Why are you staring at me?" Nora asked.

"It's just that you're so beautiful and I'm... well, I'm me." I said.

She kissed my lips. "And I love you."

I smiled and started the car. I drove to the party and when we arrived, everyone was either outside making out or inside dancing an drinking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When wee got inside, I spotted the jocks and the cheerleaders. Maisie greeted us with a huge smile.

"I don't believe we've met." She spoke to Nora.

"I'm Nora." She smiled.

"I'm Maisie, nice to meet you. I couldn't believe when Kaylee told me that Nick Marshall had a girlfriend." Maisie smiled at us.

"Why not?" Nora asked.

"He's Nick!"

Kaylee saw us and saved us from Maisie. "Come join me and my friend!" She said.

"What friend?" I asked.

"There's no friend. I just didn't you two to be bored to death by that weasel." Kaylee smiled.

"Thanks." I said.

"She seemed nice." Nora said.

"Trust me, she's not nice. In fact, she's the opposite, although I envy her beautiful hair." Kaylee glared at Maisie.

"Oh, okay." Nora looked away.

"The non-alcoholic drinks are over there." Kaylee pointed to the table.

"Thank you Kay. And have fun!" I smiled.

I had a feeling that Kaylee was going to have lots of fun tonight. She could even meet someone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight was approaching and I grabbed Nora's hand. This was my first midnight kiss and I was at a popular party with my girlfriend. This year was incredible and I had Kaylee and Scarlett to thank. We counted from ten and when midnight arrived I kissed Nora.

"You're amazing!" I whispered in her year.

"So are you. Promise me this will last!"

"I promise." I smiled and kissed her cheek.

The new year was going to be even better. It had to as long as I had Nora by my side. She brought out the best of me and I couldn't ask for anything better than that.