Chapter 38 || Jealous

Nick's POV

Nora and I were in my room playing chess and I won, which annoyed her. Everything about Nora was adorable, including her sore loser facial expression.

"Clearly you cheated." She said rolling her eyes.

"I did not. Just admit that I'm better than you." I smirked.

"Never!"

I grabbed her and put her in my bed. "Now tell me I'm better than you."

She laughed. "You're not."

I started to tickle her but my hand was still swollen from punching Zane. "I know I'm better." I smiled and kissed her nose."

"Why did you punch Zane?" She asked while grabbing my hand.

I sighed. "Kaylee said I had to support Scarlett and..."

She interrupted me. "You always do everything for Scarlett. She treats you like a puppet."

"Nora, I've been friends with Scarlett since we were little kids. Why are you acting so jealous?"

She hugged me. "You're right. I'm so sorry, Nick."

"It's okay." I smiled and we kissed.

Suddenly my bedroom door burst open and Scarlett emerges out of the blue and without knocking.

"Nicky I have to talk to you." She said.

"Scarlett, I'm busy." I pointed.

"You know what? Talk to her." Nora kissed my cheek. "We'll talk tomorrow if you're not busy."

"Nora..." I yelled but was stormed out of my house. Now she was pissed thanks to Scarlett.

"I'm sorry, Nicky." She patted my back.

"What do you want?" I asked upset.

She looked at me. "Are you good with computers?"

"Yeah." I looked at her with a curious face.

"Can you hack into systems?" She asked.

"Yes, but that is a felony and I don't want to go to jail." I pointed out.

"Okay, just listen. Axel's girlfriend Ellie is exactly the same as Heather. They could be twins and I need to know if they are." She explained.

"So you want me to steal Heather's birth certificate." I raised an eyebrow.

"Not steal. Borrow!" She smiled.

"You'll have it by tomorrow." I said and she jumped up and down.

Scarlett had a way to get what she wanted. She wasn't manipulative but she was charismatic and persuasive, like Kaylee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I arrived at school and I was at my locker taking some books and notes for my first period when Scarlett dragged me into the girls' bathroom.

"What the hell, Scarlett!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" She put her hand over my mouth. "Do you have what I asked you?"

I took out the file. "Yes."

She took it from my hands and read it. "What does it mean?"

"It means that Kaylee's parents had twins but one of them died at birth." I explained.

"What? Kaylee never told me that." Scarlett furrowed her brows.

"That's because she doesn't know." I paused. "I also made another research."

"What research?" She asked.

"According to the hospital records, another couple came in that day and the woman had several problems during birth. I found some kind of error because the doctor's initial notes indicate that the baby was stillborn but then his colleague changed those notes saying they were able to revive the baby." I looked at Scarlett. "A baby girl."

"The same day Heather was born?"

"Yes." I answered.

"Is it possible that Ellie is Heather's twin sister?" She asked.

"Very possible."

"Thanks Nicky." She kissed my cheek and left.

Heather was always very mysterious and now I know why. Her parents were hiding things from her and Kaylee. They deserved to know the truth and I was determined to tell the truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school, I saw Nora talking to Flynn and she was laughing. She never laughed that hard with me. Maybe he's funny. And then he kissed her hand and she blushed.

"Hey, Nora! Ready to go?" I put my arm around her.

"I was just finishing talking to Flynn. He works in the tutor center with me." She explained.

"True, mate. I have to go meet Kaylee." He winked and left.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

She sighed. "I'm not mad, but I'm your girlfriend and sometimes I feel like you'd rather be with Scarlett 24/7. It's not fair to me."

"I know and I'm sorry but I love you and that won't change." I smiled.

She hugged me. "Really?"

I kissed her foreahead. "Really. You don't have to be jealous."

"You were jealous of Flynn." She laughed.

"He's british and prettier than me." I said looking away.

She kissed me gently. "But he isn't you and you're the one I love."

Nora had the ability to make me smile even when I wasn't feeling it. I loved that girl and I was willing to work hard for this relationship to move forward.