Chapter 51 || Castle walls

Nick's POV

I was in my hotel room when Nora walked in and sat next to me with a strange look on her face. I knew that look. She wanted to ask me something.

"Ask away." I said.

"What?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I moved closer to her. "You have the 'I need to ask you something' look on your face." I smiled.

"I do have to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Why are you really mad at Scarlett?" She asked.

I got up upset. "Nora, I love you but there are things I can't tell you."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I don't want you involved in Scarlett's lies."

"What is she lying about?" Nora insisted.

"I can't tell you and I won't." I held her hand. "Just drop the subject."

"No!" She let go of my hand. "Kaylee is worried and I'm her friend."

"If you're her friend, stop bugging me with that subject. I'm done with Scarlett's schemes and lies!" I said before leaving the room.

I had to lie to Kaylee and Nora because Scarlett couldn't contain herself and needed to look for Heather. I hate lying to Kaylee! And Nora... of course.

___________________________________________________________

A while later I saw Zane sitting by the pool. He seemed distraught and even though I don't really like him that much, he was important to Scarlett.

"Hey, Zane!" I greeted him.

"Sup, man?" He greeted me back.

"You look..." I started.

"Like crap?" He interrupted me smiling.

"Kinda." I said.

"Scarlett broke up with me and I did something stupid." He looked at the water.

"Well, Scarlett has been doing a lot of stupid things too." I sat next to him.

"You know about Heather too?"

"I know a lot more than I want."

"You know, Scarlett was pissed because I never told her about Heather, but she didn't tell Kaylee yet. It's not fair for Kaylee to stay in the dark." Zane looked at me.

"You're right. I'm going to tell Kaylee and I don't care about Scarlett." Then I paused. "Wait! What did you tell Scarlett about Heather?"

"Heather and I dated for a little while." He said. "No big deal."

I smiled. "She was my first kiss."

"Really?" He asked.

"Yeah. But it was last year over the summer."

"Nice going Nick!" He patted my back.

It's weird to bond with Zane but he made me realize that I have to be true to Kaylee. She doesn't deserve to be lied to.

_____________________________________________________________

Later that night, I was outside Kaylee's room ready to tell her the truth but I was scared. What if she couldn't forgive me? Worse. What if she drowned Scarlett in the pool for lying? Crazy thoughts were running through my head when her door opened and Flynn greeted me.

"Hello, mate! Here to talk to Kaylee?" He asked.

"Yeah but I don't want to bother her." I said.

He smiled. "You don't bother her. She likes you." He looked at me. "I have to downstairs but you can come in."

"Thanks." I stepped inside the room and Kaylee was sitting on the bed.

"Nicky!" She smiled. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Cool!" She smiled. "Is it about Scarlett and Zane?"

"No. Although it involves Scarlett." I said.

"Okay. What is it?"

I started pacing around. "Well, Scarlett found something... someone and she didn't tell you. She told me and begged me no to tell you."

She got up. "You starting to freak me out! Just tell me, Nick."

"You sister is in Los Angeles."

"Heather is here? Scarlett knows? You knew?" She was panicking. "That's why you two were acting so strange. I was there for her when she broke up with Zane and she never mentioned my sister."

"Kaylee, you have to think and stay calm." I pleaded.

"Would you stay calm if your best friend lied to you about your long lost sister?" She paused. "Why are you telling me now?"

I sighed. "Because you don't deserve to be lied to and I'm your friend. You have all the right to be mad at me and you can hate all you want."

She held my hand. "I don't hate you, Nick. I hate Scarlett for lying to me and making you lie too. You were a pawn in her dirty game and I know you hate lying." She hugged me. "I just want to find my sister."

"I can help." I smiled.

She hugged me tight. "You're a true friend, Nicky!"

Finally, a weight was off my shoulders. I had to betray Scarlett but she's the one who made the mess. Kaylee was so sad and angry but at least she knew Heather was close.