Chapter 52 || Find you (Part 1)

Kaylee's POV

I still can't believe how mischievous and two-faced bitch Scarlett could be. She was supposed to be my best friend! I could have been with Heather by now if Scarlett... I can't even think straight! Suddenly, the door opened and Flynn entered in the room.

"Flynn!" I rushed to hug him.

He smiled and hugged me back. "I wasn't gone for that long. Are you alright, love?"

I looked at him. "I'm surrounded by liars and backstabbing bitches."

"What are you talking about?" He seemed confused.

"Scarlett found my sister Heather and didn't tell me. She made Nick lie to me as well. I think our friendship means nothing to her."

He pulled me in for another hug. "Maybe she was protecting you. Isn't Heather involved in sketchy stuff?"

"She was..." I looked down.

"Perhaps Scarlett wanted to make sure Heather was clean so she could arrange for the two of you to meet."

"Heather is my sister! Scarlett knew how much I wanted to find my sister and tell her she can come home where she belongs." I started crying.

"Don't cry, love! You should sleep on it and talk to Scarlett when you're not as upset." He kissed my forehead.

"I will never forgiver her!"

I was so mad that I felt like killing Scarlett. She made Nicky lie to me and hid the fact that my sister was right here in L.A. What kind of person does that? I never thought she could do something like this to me, HER BEST FRIEND!!

_____________________________________________________________

The next day, I stopped by Scarlett's hotel room to say something to her. I'm not a backstabbing bitch to pretend I know nothing about her lying and scheming behind my back.

She opened the door. "Kaylee!" She smiled.

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked with a cold look on my face.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She furrowed her eyebrows.

I stormed in. "Nick told me everything! I know about Heather and I know you made Nick lie to me. That's why you two were fighting."

"Kaylee I..."

I interrupted her. "I don't care about your lame ass excuses! Just tell me why you pretended to be my friend and went behind my back. Why?" I yelled.

"Heather is not the person you thought she was!" Scarlett started crying. "Did you know she fucked Zane? Besides, she's a drug addict!"

I slapped Scarlett. "She's my fucking sister!"

"She's not even your real sister!" Scarlett blurted out.

"What?" I was in shock.

"You're adopted and that's why she ran away. She couldn't face your dad for lying to you." She sat next to me. "Can't you see I was doing the best for you?"

I laughed slightly. "You were doing the best for me?" I laughed harder. "That's funny coming from the girl who just fucked up my whole life. Heather may not be my blood sister but she protected me. Do you know how much it must have hurt her to leave her family behind?" I looked at Scarlett. "Don't ever speak to me again!" I made my way towards the door.

"Kaylee..."

I turned to her and slapped her again. "This is for talking trash about my sister."

Scarlett hid the fact that my sister was still in California, the motive that made my sister leave and that I was adopted. Plus, she was only mad because Heather slept with Zane. Scarlett was selfish, childish and bitchy. I hated her guts!

______________________________________________________________

I was standing outside the hotel waiting for Nick because he said he could help me find Heather. Apparently he saw her last year before visiting his cousin.

"Sorry I'm late!" Nick kissed my cheek and I smiled.

"It's okay. So where are we going?" I asked curious.

"To a small coffee shop downtown. Last time I saw her was there." He answered.

I looked at him. "Thanks for helping me Nicky!" I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"I love helping you." He smiled. "You're my best friend."

"I'm glad that I have a friend like you. I really need one right now."

"You can count on me for everything." He held my hand.

I smiled and then we started walking. We hailed a cab and got inside the coffee shop. It was a cute little place downtown and it smelled like coffee. Don't judge my stupidity!

"I don't see Heather anywhere." I said while looking around.

"She still looks the same. Blonde, tall, pretty..." He said.

I stared at him. "You think my sister is pretty?"

"Well..."

I interrupted him and made my way to a table. "Heather!"

My sister was there. She was really there and she looked amazing! Last time I saw her she was thin and with bags under her eyes because of the drugs. But now she looked flawless like she used to.