Chapter 40 || Need you now

Scarlett's POV

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm single. Not that I'm not used to but this year I thought Zane and I would do something special but we're broken up... still. Kaylee tried to cheer me up by having a sleepover at her house but I told her she should celebrate with Flynn since they're dating for real now.

"Sup Scarlett?" I heard Wes' voice behind me.

"Please let it be a nightmare!" I whispered. "What do you want?"

"You in my pants." He smirked.

"You're disgusting!" I closed my locker.

"And you're beautiful!" He smirked and paused. "Look, it's Valentine's Day and I kinda like you so I was thinking maybe we could hang out... as friends."

I looked at him. "I would rather shoot myself."

"Zane doesn't deserve you. If he knew how lucky he was do you think he would have dumped you?"

"What do you know about me and Zane? At least we had a real relationship. Do you even know what that is?" I asked him mad.

"Fuck you, Scarlett!" Wes looked hurt.

Was Wes actually being nice to me? If he was I definitely blew it by being a jerk to him. I should apologize to Wes for hurting his feelings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, I was with Kaylee, Nick, Nora and Flynn. Suddenly, Flynn starts sketching Kaylee and asks her to be his valentine. I have to admit that was pretty sweet so I sighed.

"Can we talk?" Zane asked scratching the back of his head.

"Sure." I smiled.

I followed him outside near the bleachers. "So today is Valentine's Day." He pointed out.

"Yup." I said nodding my head and looking down.

"Do you have plans for tonight?" He asked.

I looked at him. "Nothing really. Why?"

"No one asked you out?" He asked smiling.

"Wes did but I blew him off." I smiled as well.

"Why?"

"To be honest, I despise him. Besides, I still love you and that won't change." I said a little embarrassed.

Suddenly, he grabbed me by the waist and kissed me passionately. "I don't have anything fancy prepared but will you be my valentine?" He asked.

I was speechless. "Yes." I smiled and hugged him.

"Cool." He smiled. "I'll make reservations at your favorite restaurant."

I smiled. "Okay."

Zane and I had a date and I was so happy. Maybe we were going to be able to work things out and fight for our relationship. Or maybe I readind way too much into it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time to go out with Zane and I was wearing a purple dress, my hair was curled and my sister let me borrow her new shoes so I looked great. When Zane saw me his jaw dropped and I felt amazing.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Super ready." I answered.

We arrived at the restaurant and the hostess took us to our table by the window. Zane really went all out.

"I wanna tell you something." He said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Breaking up with you was a mistake and I really want to fix it."

"I was really hurt but I think I can forgive you." I smiled.

"You can?" He asked.

"Of course. I love you and I wouldn't feel good if I didn't forgive you." I smiled.

He hrabbed my hand. "I love you too."

Then he handed me a small box that contained a charm bracelet. Normally I wouldn't like it but Zane was so adorable and sweet! I loved this boy.