Chapter 44 || California

Nick's POV

Today we were all leaving to Los Angeles for spring break. Last year I got bitten by a jellyfish and it was terrifying. I had to pee on myself and that is just unsanitary.

"Ready to go, loser?" Kaylee asked smiling.

"Yes. I have my emergency kit in case I get attacked." I said proudly.

"Attacked by a jellyfish?" She laughed.

"I had to pee on my foot!" I raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes. "Poor Nicky!"

"I feel your pain, mate." Flynn patted my shoulder.

"Zane is borrowing his cousin's van so we can all go together instead of drivin in separate cars." Scarlett announced.

"I still need to call Nora." I said.

"There's no need." Nora smiled and I hugged her.

"Take care of my little sister." His brother said with a menacing look in his eyes.

"I will." I said nervously.

"See you when you get back, little sis." He hugged Nora and winked at her.

Her brother was terrifying but at least he cared a lot about Nora and I could handle that. Suddenly we heard a van and Scarlett's face lit up.

"Zane's here!" She yelled.

"Sup guys! I'm gonna help you with your bags." He smiled and got out of the van with Axel.

"What do you have in your bag?" Axel asked Kaylee.

"Just what I need for these two weeks." She said rolling her eyes.

"I forgot you always pack too much."

She punched him. "Shut up!"

"I think it's cute she likes to pack a lot." Flynn put his arm around her shoulders and kissed her head.

"Just wait until you have to go shopping with her." I pointed out.

We got inside the van and Zane drove off. We were ready to go to Los Angeles for our 'amazing spring break', according to Kaylee.

——————————————————————————————————————————

During the road trip we heard Scarlett and Kaylee singing the whole time. They know every word to the songs that pass on the radio. I don't know how they do it but they actually ruin every song.

"Could you two please stop singing?" I said annoyed.

"Are we annoying you, Nicky?" Kaylee raised an eyebrow.

"A little bit."

"Just let them sing, Nick." Nora held my hand.

"Fine. Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"We should play a game." Flynn suggested.

We played 20 questions and 'Guess the song', suggested by Kaylee. The whole ride was boring and unbearable.

———————————————————————————————————————————

We arrived in Los Angeles and went straight to the hotel.

"4 rooms booked for the junior class of Sacramento High." Kaylee told the receptionist.

"3 couples and 1 single, right?" She checked the computer.

"Yes." Kaylee smiled.

"7th floor, rooms 708, 709, 710 and 701. Have a nice stay!" She smiled.

"Thank you." Kaylee distibuted the keys and we got into the rooms.

"What should we do first?" I asked Nora.

"How about the California Science Center?" She suggested.

"Sounds great!" I smiled and hugged her. "I love you."

She smiled. "I love you too."

"The girls are all going to hang out at the pool. Are you sure you don't want to stay with them today?" I asked.

"Well, yes. We could go to the museum tomorrow."

"Sounds awesome!"

"Yeah." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

We went downstairs and spent the whole afternoon by the pool, reading comic books and drinking iced tea.