Chapter 21 || Lies

Zane's POV

I can't believe Heather, the first girl I ever loved, is Kaylee's sister. Worst of all, I lied to Scarlett and when she finds out the truth, she's going to hate me and dump me. Why didn't I tell her the truth? Heather means nothing to me anymore. What's wrong with me?

The next day I went to school and tried to avoid Scarlett. I told her I was busy with Geometry and football practice. To be honest, the coah was pissed at me for bailing on practice yesterday to help Scarlett.

"Hey man!" Axel greeted me with a man hug.

"Sup bro?" I smiled.

"There's going to be a party at Todd's house. Are you in?" He asked grinning.

"Todd's an ass!"

"Yeah but he's an ass who throws awesome parties!" Axel smiled. "You can bring Scarlett."

"There's no way I'm gonna let Scarlett near Todd's friends. They're jerks!" I said.

He sighed. "Fine! But come. I need a good party to forget about Kaylee."

"Yeah... By the way, Scarlett told me about Kaylee's pregnancy scare. What you did was a dick move! She didn't deserve it. Nick really was a good friend for her." I said while grabbing a book.

"What did Nick do?" He asked confused.

"He went with Kaylee to the clinic to support her. That was your job." I smiled sarcastically. "If only you were a supportive boyfriend."

I left Axel talking alone. Honestly, he was a dick but he was still my friend and as a friend I should go to that lame party with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At lunch, I saw Scarlett with Nick and Kaylee and she waved at me to sit with them. I decided to text her telling her I was going to sit with Axel so he wouldn't be alone. After a while, she got up and came up to me.

"Why are you avoiding me?" She asked.

Damn it! "I'm not avoiding you." I sighed. "Axel is very upset about the whole Kaylee situation."

"Oh... He shouldn't have been a jerk." She kissed my cheek. "I love you for being such a good friend."

I pulled her to my lap and kissed her. "And I love you just for being you."

"You're the sweetest!" She smiled and went to her table.

It killed me to lie to Scarlett but I had no choice. Unless I found Heather first and asked her not to tell Scarlett about us. Then again, I would be lying. I'm so screwed!

"What are you thinking about?" Axel asked.

I smiled. "About how lucky I am to be dating Scar."

"Dude, you're so whipped!" He threw a chip at me.

"Says the guy who wants to get back together with his ex." I laughed and took a bit of my burger.

"Shut up!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school I went to the mall in hopes of finding the blonde girl Scarlett saw the other day. I had to make sure it was Heather.

I was at the mall in Los Angeles when, suddenly, I crashed into a tall blonde girl. She was beautiful, her smile was gorgeous and her blue eyes were deep.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

"It's okay." She said. "I'm Heather." She flashed me her smile.

"Zane." I said shyly.

"I've never seen you around."

"I'm just here on vacation." I scratched the back of my head.

She smiled. "I hope to see you around."

I fell hard for Heather the moment I saw her in L.A and I let her inside my heart and under my skin. She was not going to ruin my relationship with Scarlett. This time she was not going to win and make a fool out of me.