Chapter 11 || Fire breather

Axel's POV

After Kaylee physically attacked me, I decided to lay low for a while. She needed space and I got that but I still wanted her back. I love Kaylee and I know she loves me so I can't give up on her. I walked into the gym and Zane was there so I approached him.

"Hey man!" I said.

"Sup dude?!" We man hugged.

"Did Scarlett tell you anything about Kaylee?" I asked.

"Dude, Scarlett is pissed at you because of what you did to Kaylee. If I mention your name she just glares at me. Chicks are scary!" Zane lifted a weight.

"Look, Kaylee just needs time and I will give her all the time she needs. But she has to forgive me."

"What did you do anyways? Besides going to jail, of course." He looked at me.

"Nothing really bad. I mean..."

I decided to tell him the whole story because I knew he would tell Scarlett and she would pity me. Girls are just like that, especially Scarlett.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school I went to a friend's house to chill a bit. We were just playing FIFA and smoking some weed. I hadn't smoked since Kaylee told me about her sister Heather and I didn't want her to think I was an addict. I respect Kaylee that much.

I took a small quantity of weed and went to the mall to buy Kaylee a necklace for our two year dating anniversary. After buying her a silver necklace with the letter A, I went to my car but I really needed to pee and the closest thing I had was a fountain. It was kinda late and no one was around so I took a chance and peed in the fountain. I went straight to my car and drove until I reached a dark part of town. I was hungry because I smoked a lot and I knew I had no money so I decided to ask one of the girls 'working' that late.

"Excuse me! I need your help." I said embarrassed.

"What can I do for you, stud?" The girl flirted.

"Well, I currently broke and I'm hungry because I sorta smoke some pot. Can I borrow money from you? I have stuff in my car."

She looked at me. "I'll give you money if you give me pot."

"Deal!" I smiled.

I turned to go to my car when I saw a police officer with the small bag of weed I had in the passenger seat.

"This is not what it looks like!" I said while looking at the prostitute.

"What's your name?" The officer asked.

"Axel Kingston."

"Mr. Kingston, you're under arrest for drug possession, public urination and solicitation." He said while cuffing me.

"Let me just explain something." I pleaded.

"Alright."

"I was actually buying a present for my girlfriend cause it's our anniversary in two weeks and I really needed to pee. The fountain was there and I asked myself 'why not?'. I wasn't asking for sexual favors from this girl and now I realize I had money in my wallet which is awkward, but I just wanted money from her to buy a snack." I explained.

"What about the marijuana?" He asked.

"That is mine." I stated.

"You're still under arrest, Mr. Kingston."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's actually the whole story." I told Zane.

He started laughing. "You're a smooth criminal, Axel."

I punched him lightly in the stomach. "Shut up!"

"Hey, I'm gonna tell your story to Scarlett cause I think Kaylee overreacted." He smiled. "It could've happened to me, although I would never ask a hooker for money." He laughed again.

"Don't joke about that. Thank God Kaylee bailed me out."

"See? She cares about you." He lifted another weight.

I smiled. "I know and I care a lot about her."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went back to my house and I saw Kaylee's car parked in my driveway. I wondered what she was doing so I got out of my car and walked towards her.

"Hey!" I said.

"Hey!" She looked down. "I came here to apologize for beating you up in school. I should've done that when I broke up with you."

"It's okay. Do you want to come in?" I asked.

"No. I should go now."

"Kaylee... Just go inside so we can talk." I looked at her.

"Fine." She followed me inside my house.

I pulled out a small box containing the necklace i had bought for her. "Here." I handed it to her.

She opened it and gasped. "Axel..."

"I bought it the day I got arrested so I could give you on our anniversary." I smiled.

She wrapped her tiny hands around my neck and kissed me. I pulled her closer to me and kept kissing her. We went upstairs to my room without ever breaking the kiss and I took off my shirt. She stared at me and then unzipped my pants. I took off her shirt and her leggings and kissed her. We made love that afternoon and it felt amazing.

Afterwards she got dressed. "No one can know we had sex." She said.

"Why?"

"Just because we had sex doesn't mean we're back together. I'm still angry at you!" Her beautiful green eyes could burn my skin.

"Kaylee..." I got out of bed.

"You will keep quiet unless you want me to hit you in the nuts again."

I paused.

"I didn't think so..." She said and left my house.

She didn't want to get back together but I knew she had feelings for me. It was only a matter of time before we got back together again and this time I wasn't going to screw up.