Chapter 14 || Chocolate

Nick's POV

It was friday and I was excited to go to school. Kaylee promised to help me with Nora and she said she had an idea that would blow Nora's mind, so I'm curious and a little scared because Kaylee is a little unpredictable. Kay has been there for me and I want to be there for her once I resolve my issues with Nora.

"Hey loverboy!" Kaylee teased me.

"What?"

"Well, you've been doing what I told you to do so I'm pretty sure Nora will realize what she's missing." She smiled.

I blushed. "And what is she missing?" I asked.

"A perfectly smart and hot guy." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

Kaylee was never one to compliment me. The only compliment she ever gave me was call me 'book worm' and I'm pretty sure she was being sarcastic.

"I don't know about that." I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Trust me, Nicky!" She held my hand. "Ignore her all weekend and next monday she'll be crawling back to you."

"Hey guys!" Scarlett showed up. "Shall we go to school?"

"Someone's cheery today!" Kaylee pointed out.

"I made up with Zane. He finally told me he loved me." Scarlett smiled.

Kaylee hugged her. "That's awesome news!"

"Yeah. Congratulations Scar!" I felt a little disappointed but Nora was the one for me.

We got inside Scarlett's car and drove to school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived at school, I noticed Nora was standing at the entrance. I looked at her and she smiled but I ignored her and made my way into the school.

"Nick!" She called out for me.

"Sup Nora?" I tried to play it cool.

"Do you want to go grab some cocoa after school?" She smiled.

"Can't. I have stuff to do." I lied.

She frowned. "What kind of stuff?"

"You know... Stuff!" I closed my locker and smiled. "See you in Chemistry."

"Yeah, sure." She looked down.

I felt bad but Kaylee would kill me if I failed now. Nora wanted to hang out with me which means the plan was working. I just had to be patient.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During lunch, I sat with Kaylee and Scarlett and this time I shared my food with Kaylee. I know that when she's depressed she likes to share food with others. Scarlett was always checking out her phone and I noticed that Axel would sometimes glance at Kaylee.

"Is everything okay?" I asked Kaylee.

"Yeah." She smiled.

"You're a bad liar." I ate my fries. "Do you want some pudding?"

"Isn't Nora gonna get jealous?" She teased.

I laughed slightly. "I don't see her here. Besides, I thought that was the whole purpose."

"You really are a genius!" She messed my hair up.

I saw Axel make his way towards our table. "Can I talk to you, Kay?" He asked.

"That's not a good idea, man." I got up.

"It's okay Nicky. I can talk with this douche." She smiled and left the cafeteria with Axel.

"What was that?" Scarlett asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" I was genuinely cofused.

"Why were you so protective of Kaylee?"

"Axel messed up and I don't want her to get hurt. That's it?" I replied.

"Are you sure? Cause it looked like a jealous fit." She said.

"Kaylee is like my sister. Plus, I like Nora."

"If you say so, tough guy." She winked and smiled at me.

Kaylee and I have spent a lot of time together and I feel protective of her. Doesn't mean anything. We were never that close but now that I see another side of her, I like her even more. She's funny and friendly.