Chapter 29 || It's time

Scarlett's POV

Kaylee and I got invited to Maisie's New Year's party and we were excited. Maisie always threw the best parties and her boyfriend was Zane's teammate and so we talked a few times. Nora and Nick were also going, even though Nick's last party ended a little bad.

"What should I wear?" Kaylee asked.

"How about that cute orange dress?" I suggested.

"I have worn it too many times since my aunt's wedding." She sighed. "I have to look hot!"

"Why?"

"Because... I want a midnight kiss, okay?" She sat next to me. "Guys have been avoiding me because of Axel."

I held her hand. "Don't be silly! Guys love you cause you're pretty, funny and popular." I smiled.

"Let's go shopping!" She smiled and clapped her hands.

"Sounds fun!" I smiled and we headed out.

Kaylee took her credit card and her car keys. Her car was so great. The seats were heated and the sound system was incredible. Her parents must have been really proud of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time to go the party and Zane was picking me up. I was wearing a lace blue dress with some white shoes that my mother got me. She said I had to be careful with them cause they were expensive. My hair was curled and hanging loose. A few minutes later I heard Zane and we headed to the party.

"You look so good!" Zane smiled and kissed my cheek.

"So do you." I smiled.

He was wearing a black shirt, jeans and a gray blazer. My boyfriend knew how to dress.

When we arrived at the party, I saw everyone there having fun. Nick and Nora were looking cozy while having some drinks, Kaylee was talking to a really cute guy and she seemed happy.

"Do you want something to drink?" Zane asked.

"Cranberry vodka, please." I smiled.

Maisie came up to me. "It's nice to see you, Scarlett. You look so pretty!" She smiled and hugged me.

"Thanks. You too." I smiled as well.

She had her red hair styled in a braid and she looked great. Maisie was the most popular girl at school and everyone loved her, even though she could be a major bitch sometimes.

"You and Zane make a cute couple. Honestly, I never thought you two would actually date but congratulations." She smiled.

"We've been dating for months now." I pointed out.

"True, but you're not the type to date a football player." She took a sip of her drink.

"What do you mean?" I asked annoyed.

"You're just too smart." She smiled.

Was she implying that I wasn't good enough for Zane? That bitch! Who did she think she was? Zane waslked towards me with my drink and I immediately kissed him in front of her.

"What was that for?" He asked smiling.

"Can't I kiss my boyfriend?" I smiled and he kissed my forehead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost midnight and everybody got together to count from ten. The countdown began and I could see all the couples getting ready for their special midnight kiss. When everybody screamed 'Happy New Year', Zane and I kissed and I felt butterflies in my stomach as usual.

"Happy New Year!" I smiled.

"I love you." Zane said while holding my hand.

"I can't believe this is our first New Year's Eve together." I said.

"It's the first of many." He smiled.

My New Year's Eve was perfect and my midnight kiss was magical. That's what you get when you find the perfect boyfriend.