Escape

Freedom cannot be bestowed - it must be achieved.

-Elbert Hubbard

I tightened my grip on the glaive, taking my chance to escape.

Salem: Why do you resist?!

She tried aiming another spell, but I rounded the corner escaping again. She growled and flew after me, but was shocked when she didn't see anything.

Salem: Where did you -

She was cut off as my blade slashed across her face, she turned very upset and found a foot striking her head.

Voice: You know we're no match for her.

I know. I just have to distract her.

With a slash of my blade, I severely damaged her throat. She fell to the ground dying, I took the chance and sprinted away.

Voice: That won't kill her, unfortunately. You just made her mad.

Damn it.

I sprinted down the halls, trying to find an exit. I passed by several supporters who looked at me with suprise and shock, not knowing what to do.

The girl named Cinder was the only one to fight back, raising her hand to summon fire she ignited my right arm.

Roaring in pain, I delivered a swift kick to her face. I tried running again, noticing the flames were spreading.

Voice: Cut the arm off.

What?! I really am insane.

Voice: You're not insane, cut the arm off, it'll grow back eventually.

I grumbled but agreed. Detaching the sword blade, I held it steady for a moment before swinging down and slicing the arm off at the calf.

Damn it hurt.

Voice: Get over it, it was just an arm.

Easy for you to say.

Voice: Get ready to run. Tyrian's coming.

A man in a white shirt and a long braided strand of hair ran around the corner. Is that Tyrian?

Voice: Yes. Run, in our state, we won't be able to fight him.

I nodded and sprinted the other direction. Tyrian's head, turning when he heard me.

Tyrian: Don't run little Grimm!

He gave chase, sprinting after me.

Voice: Duck.

I leaned forward quickly, dodging the swipe from Tyrian. He growled angrily as I continued to dodge his attacks.

Tyrian: Stand still!

He swung his blade at me again, he was getting angry and was copying his previous attacks. I raised the shaft of my glaive, blocking the blade to Tyrian's suprise.

Shadow: ...No.

This made Tyrian freeze, taking advantage of my shocked opponent, I headbutted him. Hard.

Tyrian's head flew backward, he gripped his face in pain. I took the chance and ran faster.

???: Find him! He won't get far!

Whoever was speaking, wasn't Salem. It might have been Cinder, directing her followers to find me.

Voice: Well, that was Cinder. I recognize her voice.

I burst through a door, seeing an oddly shaped vehicle on the ledge.

Voice: Do you know how to pilot a bullhead?