Patch

Shadow stumbled forward, hissing out of pain. The hole wouldn't heal over before he turned back into a pool, but he could get a few hours before that would happen.

Jack: Fire, bad... noted.

Shadow: That... is an understatement.

He remembered how Salem killed him before, she had used fire to incinerate him in his pool form. The fire was highly dangerous to him since it could cause his true death again.

Jack: Well, I'm glad we got out of that wretched place. But where are we?

Shadow: Someplace... with trees.

Jack: Yeah, that really narrows it down.

Shadow began walking forward, stumbling slightly clutching his injured side. He used his glaive to stabilize himself.

How did he still have it? He wondered.

Shadow: Have you... found the reason why I keep finding this glaive.

Jack: Yeah, I think I do. I think it's your semblance.

Shadow: Explain.

Jack: Well, your whole thing is copying people and their styles of fighting, and your semblance is an extension of yourself, so I think you can copy objects as well... but again, this is just a theory.

Shadow grunted in response and began walking through the forest. Eventually, Shadow was able to walk normally, the wound had stopped bleeding, but he didn't know if that was bad or not. Jack commented on how it was nice to see the sun again, then quickly said to not look at it for long.

Then Shadow came across a road, and Jack explained that a road meant people. He decided to follow the road, wanting to know where it leads. A strange sensation overcame Shadow, he tilted his head to the sky, uncertain what this sensation was.

Jack: What is it?

Shadow: I can... sense something. It's drawing me to a group of people. I can feel their emotions, and their negative ones are the most potent.

Jack: Huh, I forgot Grimm could do that. Well, it will be easy to find people now, won't it?

Shadow nodded and followed the road, the feelings of people becoming more and more apparent. Eventually, Shadow neared a sign. Leaning forward, he read it.

Shadow: Welcome... to... Patch.

Jack: Holy shit... we're in Patch?!

Shadow: Why are you so excited about this?

Jack: Patch is where the main characters live with their parents, and since we saved Summer Rose she lives here too.

Shadow went to reply but remained silent. He could feel someone approaching, and continued reading the sign.

Person: Hello? Can I help... you...

The man's voice trailed off, as Shadow stood at his full height before the man. He tilted his head out of curiosity, the man's emotions changing from curiosity to terror in an instant.

Man: Grimm!

The man quickly turned and ran back down the road, Shadow watching out of curiosity.

Jack: Dammit, I should've expected this.

Shadow followed the man slowly, opting to walk instead of run.

Qrow Branwen sat in an open bar, refilling his flask.

He took a swig before hearing screams outside, slinging his weapon over his back with a sigh, he moved to the window to see what was happening.

He saw people running down the road, this perked his interest, this was considered a Grimm-safe village after all. Sighing again, he walked out onto the porch of the bar. What he saw next really drew his attention.