Hunting

Shadow laid back in the cargo room of a bullhead. His head slowly tapping against the wall.

He was contemplating what led to this decision, and why he listened to Jack.

Jack: Because I'm smart and you do what I say.

Shadow was wishing Jack would shut up.

Jack: At least tell it to my face!

Shadow: I can not tell it to your face, we share one. I would just be yelling at myself. Besides, it's your fault we're in this mess.

Jack: Well, excuuuuuse me! Have my ideas been bad ones before?

Shadow: No, but you are not the one who does your ideas.

Jack: Name one of my ideas that hasn't worked!

Shadow: Stealing Glynda's riding crop to see if she actually jerks off with it.

Jack: *snrk* Oh right, I forgot we actually did that.

Let's just say that Shadow wasn't in one piece after Glynda found out.

Shadow: Or when you wanted to test who would be stronger when electrocuted, me or Nora. We broke the rod that carried the weights.

Jack: Okay, in my defense nothing bad happened-

Shadow: And then we settled it by arm wrestling, breaking the entire floor in the process. Glynda was not happy.

Jack: Alright, that may have not been the best idea.

Shadow: And the list goes on. The time when we snatched Blake's ninjas of love book? She went into panic mode looking for it. And do you remember what our excuse was when she and Yang found us?

Jack: Uh...

Shadow: "I wanted to learn more about the human anatomy" Seriously?!

Jack: To be fair, we got some laughs out of Yang.

Shadow: Or deciding to get our disguise from Neo's damn porn magazine of all places!

Jack: Okay... I was wrong there.

Shadow leaned back again, his human disguise tapping against the wall again. They were still in the air, that was good.

All around him were the unconscious kidnapped victims of whoever had accidentally captured him as well.

How did Shadow get into this mess, with a dozen unconscious bodies surrounding him and restrains on all of them including himself? Well, as Jack would have worded it, time for a flashback.

...

Shadow slowly walked through the town, his human disguise on. He had changed a few things to fit in better though.

His hair wasn't as neat, and instead of a black suit, he wore casual wear and a trench coat. He had landed in mistral the day before and wanted to look at a map before heading off again.

Shadow made his way through the market, hands in pockets. People occasionally glanced at him, maybe because he was an outsider. The town was relatively big, but probably small enough where visitors were rare.

Or perhaps because Shadow had grown again. He was now six foot eight, having grown another two inches after copying the Summer maiden power. His height made it so he stood a head over most people.

He eventually made it to a store that would have satisfied him, not noticing that he had two people following him ever since he arrived.

Storekeeper: Ah, welcome! How can I help you today?