The next morning

The following morning was a beautiful one, though its beauty was appreciated differently by each member of Teams RWBY and JNPR. Ruby and Yang would have preferred to have slept in, as they were still not used to waking so early. Blake awoke feeling rested for the first time in a while, but was a tad reluctant to leave her warm bed. Weiss was the best off, and was already preparing for the coming day.

Team JNPR was in a similar situation. Nora was too engrossed with her dreams of Ren and food to be roused, even with Pyrrha, who woke rested and full of energy, doing her best to wake her. Ren had awoken earlier than the both of them, but only because he had been disturbed by Jaune preparing to leave their dorm, intending to return the dress he had hastily borrowed the night before.

Eventually, the two teams made their way to the Beacon dining hall, in various states of consciousness. Sitting across from one another, they each began to eat their breakfasts while discussing the previous night.

Yang: Well, last night was fun.

Weiss: Yes, it was, minus all the foibles planning the event, everything turned out well.

Yang: And whose fault was that?

Weiss: Excuse me? You were the one was trying to turn the Dance into a rave!

Yang: But not every dance is a formal ball, Weiss!

Weiss: My entire life has been formal balls and gatherings, therefore I brought that experience to organizing this one. Regardless, I compromised where necessary, and it went without a hitch. The true issue was the limited time for preparation. These kinds of events take weeks of planning, so the blame falls on the school for informing us of the responsibility on such short notice.

Yang: I can agree with that.

Pyrrha: I think you both did a wonderful job. I very much enjoyed myself.

Violet: Yeah... it was pretty great.

Yang glanced at her other sister, knowing that she left early but didn't want to insult either of them.

Weiss: Thank you, Pyrrha, that's very nice of you.

Yang: Speaking of enjoying the Dance... someone seemed to have really enjoyed herself...

The blonde Huntress-in-training's eyes rested on Blake, who didn't realize she had become the focus of the conversation, until she looked up from her meal and saw nearly all of her friends were looking at her.

Blake: Wait, what?

Weiss: You came back rather late last night...

Stated Weiss, bringing her tea cup to her lips but pausing to look over the rim at her Faunus teammate.

Weiss: ...care to fill us on the details?

Yang: Oh I think I can fill in most of them.

Said Yang, resting her chin in her right palm, propped up by her elbow so she could look down the dinner table; a shit-eating grin on full display as she raised her left hand showing three fingers.

Yang: One third begins with S, another third begins with N, and the last third which is missing is...

She turned her left hand and gestured with her thumb and index finger like a pistol at Blake

Yang: ...U.

The normally gloomy Huntress-in-training was now very much flustered, eyes wide, and cheeks burning red.

Blake: W-Wha –

She began to stutter, eyes darting between each of her friends who were all beginning to grow grins of their own, minus Ruby who was picking at her food with her fork.