Breaking reality

Shadow veered off his flight path, Jack wanting to make a stop before getting to Haven.

Shadow landed on the ground, and looked around. Seeing an old sign, that vines had grown over.

Moving the vines away, he read the sign name.

Shadow: Kuroyuri...

Jack: Huh, now I guess we just wait.

Shadow: Wait for what?

Jack: The Nuckelavee.

Shadow took a seat, over the porch where Ren and Nora had hid.

As he waited, he picked up two pebbles, tossing them over in his palm. Looking around the desolate village, he wondered what it would've looked like when people lived here.

As if fate herself heard, his vision turned purple once more. He had begun to ignore the headaches that occurred after, and focused on the vision he was seeing.

He saw a village bustling with life, parents playing with their children, children playing with other children, all happily going about their day.

Shadow just sat there, seeing everything through a purple lense. His body being the only non-purple thing. The Other people moved around him, since they couldn't see him.

It was very peaceful, but as reality settled in, Shadow only had to blink and everything changed.

Shadow looked around again, this time the village was aflame. The Grimm attacking everyone in sight. Shadow felt the need to help, but didn't know if this was a vision or not.

A nevermore landed close by, looking underneath the deck. It saw nothing, and flew off.

Shadow blinked again, and the purple vision receded. He was looking around his surroundings again.

Jack: Okay... I think I know what's happening...

Shadow: Please explain.

Jack: Okay... I think we're looking into another timeline. The first thing I saw was team RJNR fighting that Geist, that only would've happened if the fall happened, which probably happened since Pyrrha isn't there.

Jack: Why this is happening... I'm not completely sure. Maybe Samay's semblance has a play in this? I remember it being time fuckery. And that combined with my knowledge of events that will never happen... maybe?

Jack spoke to no one in particular, he was known to do this when deep in thought, and Shadow was used to this.

Unknown to Jack, he was completely correct. This was just Shadow accidentally using Samay's semblance, since he didn't have full control over her power.

The hazy feeling returned, and Shadow's vision turned purple once more. He turned in a circle, the surrounding town looking the same, but his time he saw the Other Jaune and Other Ruby walking nearby.

His vision turned completely purple. And the surroundings changed, Other Ren and Nora were standing with Other Jaune and Other Ruby.

Shadow stood in the middle, the Other's not able to see him. But the Nuckelavee could.

It roared at Shadow, as his vision slowly turned back to normal. Revealing that this was real.

The much larger Grimm stared daggers at the smaller, but much more powerful Grimm. Shadow responded by crackling thunder around him.

The horse part of the Nuckelavee snorted, as it prepared to charge. Shadow struck himself with lightning, letting pink veins flow over his body.

The human head roared, and the horse charged. It swung its large arms down at Shadow, who stood at a ready position.