Purple trailer

Violet whistles a tune as she waits for her name to be called. Adjusting her Hornet Dragon, she checked down the scope.

Hornet Dragon was her lance-bow that also had a rifle function. Ruby was slightly jealous of all the weapon combinations, but with the help of Summer and Ruby, she was able to get it done with no problem at all.

She smirked to herself, remembering the day when she, literally, crashed into their lives.

Violet had been hit by a truck and was reincarnated into Remnant. She was aware of how cliche it was and didn't really care.

Yeah, she was a girl, who the hell cares? She appeared above the Rose house, with enough force to crash through the roof and break the coffee table. Her Aura had to be unlocked so she could heal the several broken bones she had gotten.

She made up a lie on the spot, her village was destroyed by Grimm. Easy to believe, it was an unfortunate, but common occurrence. The whole crashing through the roof thing was a little hard to explain, but she got through it.

With nowhere to go, and no home left. She was adopted by the Rose family. Violet was 14, the same age as Yang. The two hit it off greatly, Violet essentially becoming Ruby's second older sister.

With Violet's love of archery, she made a great relationship with Summer, who used a whip sword and a bow when combatting.

The whip-sword was special in some way, Violet never learned why, or why there was a black symbol on the hilt.

Qrow was nice and reminded her of her own uncle. Drinking and all. Training with Taiyang and Yang in hand-to-hand was difficult, but not impossible.

When it came time to make her weapon, she chose a lance/sword combination. Since it was always a good idea to have a physical weapon when fighting Grimm.

She discovered her Semblance by accident, while she was still building her weapon. Ruby wanted to take a look and tweak a few things for the rifle module. Not taking into consideration that it didn't fire bullets, but energy bolts.

The resulting explosion was large and would have destroyed the house if Violet wasn't able to contain it.

Violet: Ruby, no!

The ball of energy grew off the generator, expanding rapidly. Ruby raised her arms to block the growing light but lowered them when nothing happened.

Ruby: Wha-?

Violet: Ruby... what's happening?

Ruby looked over to Violet, seeing her arm extended towards the ball of energy. Her electric blue eyes glowing.

Summer: What's wrong?! I heard yelling!

Ruby: Mom! I-I wanted to check out Violet's weapon, b-but there was an accident and well... that happened.

Ruby pointed at Violet, who's as now slowly walking towards the ball of pure energy.

Summer: Violet, honey. I think you discovered semblance.

Violet looked amazed at the ball of light, picking it up and rolling it around her hand. The light is still semi-blinding.

Violet: Cool...

Apparently, her Semblance was called Ergokinesis, the ability to physically manipulate energy.

She could hold, control it directly, and eat the energy. Certainly better than turning angry and punching harder.

Violet had originally just wanted a laser rifle attached to her lance, but it offered many more opportunities with her semblance. Mainly her laser bow.