Back to Vale

A closeup of Ruby's hands as she straps the red laces of her shoes. Switch to a closeup of Weiss' hand gripping the handle of Myrtenaster strapped to her side. Switch to a closeup of Yang's Ember Celica over her left forearm as she slides the chamber. Switch to a closeup of Blake tightening the black ribbons around her arms. Switch to Violet moving her goggles off of her eyes. Switch to Shadow checking his ammunition on his pistol, before bolstering it. Switch to full view of Team RWBY's preparations, revealing their new outfits.

Blake: (Approaching her bunk as she tightens her wraps.) I thought that class would never end.

Violet: You can say that again.

Ruby: (From her position sitting on the hanging bed) Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

Happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: (sarcastically) I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right! (looks around at her teammates) Everyone remember their roles? (Weiss stands up as the camera quickly shifts left to each member who state their objective.)

Weiss: You, Shadow, and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Violet: And I'll be going with you.

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. (pumping her fist) Let's do this!

Sun: Yeah!

The camera shifts right to a smiling Sun Wukong as he hangs upside-down by his tail in their open window. The whole team is taken aback.

Blake: (surprised and alarmed) Sun!

Yang: How did you get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time! (Without reacting to Weiss' scowl, he flips into the dorm room.) So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Blake: (stepping forward) We are going to investigate the situation... as a team.

Ruby: Sorry, Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to.

Sun: Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune! (gesturing out the window)

The girls lean out the window on top of one another cartoon-style to see the aforementioned teammate of Sun's standing outside, cool as can be.

Neptune: 'Sup?

Ruby: How did you even get up here?

Neptune: I have my ways.

The camera pans out to reveal that he is standing on a very thin ledge circling the building under the windows.

Neptune: (nervously) Seriously, though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now.

Inside the dorm room, the group is standing in a circle as Ruby lays down the new plan.

Ruby: Alright, I'll go with Weiss; Sun, you can go with Blake. (As she pushes Neptune past, Weiss, he slips her a wink. Weiss looks mildly shocked but then comes to her senses quickly.) And Neptune, you can go with Yang and Violet. Is everyone good?