A new chapter and a new threat

Ozpin sighed, and placed his cup of hot cocoa on the table. Taking a seat and leaning his cane against the table.

He had just left the ceremony mourning the loss of those who entered the Darkness continent.

The students of Beacon academy had gathered to mourn the loss of two third year teams, team RWBY and JNPR.

Ironwood had come to the ceremony as well, bringing his work with him.

Winter tearfully attended the ceremony, Amber staying by her side to comfort her. She mourned the loss alongside her Mother and Brother, her father staying in Atlas.

Blake, at the end of the first year, went home to the Menagerie to reconnect with her parents. So naturally, they were there to attend the ceremony as well.

The entire Arc family went to mourn the loss of their Son/brother. Pyrrha'a family was nowhere to be seen, having called her agent to see if they could use this as a marketing opportunity.

Summer and Tai went to the ceremony as well, Zwei staying close to his humans legs, his ears permanently drooping at the loss of three of his other humans. Since the ceremony took place outside, a red eyed black Raven landed on a nearby tree branch. Tai saw the bird, and knew who it was, sharing sympathy to his former teammate as he witnessed a tear fall down its feathers.

Ozpin sighed again, all this death and destruction. He didn't even know if Salem was involved with this, ever since that sensation two years ago... he didn't know what to think.

As he was lost in his thoughts, he almost missed an incoming call appearing on his console.

Curios, Ozpin pressed the accept button.

???: Hello?

Ozpin: Hello. This is Headmaster Ozpin of Beacon academy, how may I help you today?

???: Ah good, the communication went through. *Ahem* This is Vendetta of the Twilight fleet, one of many of the Twilight kingdom.

Ozpin was puzzled, there was no such thing as a Twilight kingdom.

Ozpin: How may I help you today?

Ozpin said, repeating the same question. He did not have the patience today for prank callers, so he began tracking the caller, only to find it say "error"

???: We have the survivors of the two Atlesian warship crash sites.

Ozpin froze, they had what?

Ozpin: Please repeat.

???: We hail from the Twilight kingdom that is located on the Darkness continent, and we have the survivors of the two Atlesian crashes. We mean no harm, so please do not fire upon us with the three warships we have picked up on our scans. Thank you.

The call was ended from the other end, leaving Ozpin stunned. Still not sure if this was real or not. But he would take that chance, and called Ironwood.

...

Ironwood: You said this "person" hailed from the Twilight kingdom?

Ozpin: Yes.

Glynda: That's impossible, there is no such kingdom.

Ozpin: Almost as impossible as the only immortal being on Remnant dying two years ago?

They had long known Ozpin's previous relationship with Salem, and this left a air of uncertainty over the group.

Glynda moved to look out the window as Ironwood continued to converse with Ozpin.