Tensions rise

Two months later.

Shadow sat on his throne, staring out of the window.

Trades had begun with the other kingdoms, but something went wrong with Atlas.

Apparently, Atlas didn't like being overthrown as the strongest military of Remnant.

The SDC had attempted to take control of the Void dust mining process in his kingdom. At first, Shadow allowed it, as long as they changed their worker policy.

But when Umbarans signed up to be workers, the disgusting truth was revealed. Workers reported the SDC for the harsh treatment of its workers, and its incredibly low pay rate.

So the SDC was investigated, and while this investigation was happening, a SDC member attempted to brand a Umbaran worker. Then the SDC was promptly removed from the Twilight kingdom.

The Faunus workers, however, were invited to stay. And be given a better life and jobs, each and every one agreed, moving their families from Atlas.

This seemed to cause a butterfly effect, due to the Twilight kingdom, and Atlas being neighboring kingdoms, people had moved between the two cities.

The Umbarans, when in Atlas or Mantle were charged twice as much for everything. Their complaints reached Shadow, who had created similar problems with other kingdoms.

Jacques Schnee had claimed that, since he was a Grimm, he was unfit for leading his people. Shadow, unofficially challenged the Schnee to find a better leader.

But this was expected, and most likely would smooth over in time. Unless...

Heels clacked as someone made their way across the room, Shadow did not need to see her to know who it was.

Cinder: Oh Shadow... did you honestly think that this would go smoothly? You are a bigger fool than I originally thought.

Shadow: This "fool" foiled your entire plan to destroy Beacon.

Cinder: All because you had that little spirits help. But where is he now?

Shadow stood, slower this time. Trying to ignore Cinder.

Cinder: A monster is what you are. You hide it well, behind kind actions and good intentions, but you are what you are. A creature of evil.

Cinder moved closer to whisper in his ear.

Cinder: A Grimm.

Shadow in one quick motion, grabbed where Cinder was and slammed his fist into the wall. Of course he grabbed nothing, but it was worth a try.

Shadow removed his fist from the wall, keeping it clenched as he stared down at it.

Cinder: You couldn't save him, you weren't fast enough.

Cinder: Your a failure and outcast. You were born alone, and will die... alone.

Shadow lowered his arm to his side, his eyes gaining a somber expression as he stared at the floor.

...

Shadow stood on the bride of a ship, flying over the control Mistral.

He decided to kill two birds with one stone, if racism was going to be present against both Faunus and Umbarans, why not help each other?

Soldier: Sire! We've got something! Heat signatures, gathered underground!

Shadow walked and leaned over, looking at the console. An old SDC mine, fitting.

Shadow: That is them, take us lower.

The cloaked ship, began reducing speed and lowering to the ground. Shadow looked at the heat signatures, and saw the two heat signatures as his escort.