Counter attack

Penny spun her swords to block the laser, floating to protect Shadow and the shuttle.

Her plan was slightly successful, the laser tore through her swords, and collided with her body.

Her skin tore off, limbs separating from the body, and she fell.

Shadow watched in horror as Penny's destroyed body fell out of the air.

The tractor beam activated, and the shuttle was pulled into the hangar.

Shadow immediately let go and dived after Penny, watching as she outstretched her only remaining arm.

Shadow put everything he had into his speed, grabbing her body, and leveling out.

Shadow appeared at the hangar doors, floating down with his wings. A stretcher was brought forward, and Shadow placed what remained of Penny on.

Standing there motionless for a moment, his fist began clenching in rage.

Turning, his brow furrowed. His eyes aflame with rage, as thunder began crackling.

Shadow opened his wings, and flew out of the hangar, breaking the sound barrier in the process.

He made a beeline for the Atlesian warship responsible, and began gathering lightning.

Not slowing down, he struck himself with lightning, and flew straight through the warship.

The ship slowly exploded as Shadow made his way from the front to the back, flying out once more unscathed.

The other Atlesian warships took notice, and the pilots eyes widened in fear.

Shadow could taste it, and teleported infront of the next one, landing on top of it. Striking himself with lightning once more, he slammed his fists into the front.

The ship's front shot towards the ground, as the thrusters began failing. Shadow floated above the back, which now was facing upwards.

Tearing his fist back, he flew through the ship once more, destroying it in the process.

Flying out once more unscathed, his eyes still glowed with rage. Summoning his trusty glaive, he flew towards the last warship, which began retreating.

Shadow didn't care, there would be no mercy.

He flew forward...

And cut the ship in half.

The wreckage blew up behind him, as Shadow floated before Atlas. Even though he was small in comparison, everyone saw him.

Shadow: ATLAS!

Shadow: You have stepped into war with the Twilight kingdom! And I...

Shadow pointed his glaive at the floating city.

Shadow: Will personally watch your city fall.

Shadow's wings formed his cape and twirled around his body, teleporting him back to the dreadnaught.

Shadow: Cloak us.

The dreadnaught's stealth technology activated, and hid them from all cameras and radar.

...

Pietro watched in horror as Atlas warships began opening fire on the shuttles.

And a tear rolled down his cheek as he watched Penny sacrifice herself.

Later.

Soldier: Mr. Polendina?

Pietro turned around, seeing a squad of soldiers standing at his door.