The end of an era

Shadow stood atop a cliff, lightning crackling as his eyes were ignited.

Jack: Here we are...

Shadow: Here we are...

Jack: Honestly, I can't believe that we made it this far...

Shadow: Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Jack: You know... once we kill her... maybe we can finally enroll at Beacon.

Shadow: It is not like they could turn us down.

Jack: Yeah...

The two remained quiet, Shadow making his own decision.

Shadow: Once this is over, I will be giving you full control.

Jack: ...What?

Shadow: I have been the one fighting, and making friends with team RWBY and JNPR. I believe you deserve your own chance.

Jack: Thank you, Shadow...

Shadow nodded, feeling that was the right decision.

He suddenly grew serious, catching the lightning bolt that struck nearby. Spinning it to form a lightning rod.

...

Salem stood across the chasm, staring murderously as Shadow. Who returned said stare with flaming eyes.

Salem: So... You have finally come home...

She observed the lightning bolt he wielded, and the flames surrounding his eyes. Realizing that it was no coincidence that Cinder had died on her mission.

Shadow: This is not my home.

Salem narrowed her eyes, preparing a spell ball within her palm.

Salem: They will never accept you, you will always be the freak, the outcast.

Shadow: And I am fine with that.

Salem was taken aback, his voice was behind her now! She didn't have enough time to turn before Shadow stabbed her through the back with the lightning bolt.

His illusion shattered, as Salem began emitting white light from her eyes and mouth.

Her corpse then exploded in a brilliant fashion.

Shadow twirled his lightning bolt, that worked better than expected.

Jack: Six o'clock!

Shadow turned, raising the end of his weapon to block the magic attack.

Five seconds, it took five seconds for her to reform, noted.

Salem: You must know that what you wish to accomplish is impossible.

Shadow struck where she last stood, she moved out of the way in the nick of time.

Salem: I am Im-

Shadow: Immortal, yes, I am very much aware. I am here to kill you, and there is nothing that will stop me.

Salem faltered, he spoke with confidence as if Shadow had found a way to destroy her immortality.

But that was impossible.

The two launched at each other, Salem faltering at the last moment to blast him with magic.

Shadow twirled his staff, the lightning bolt that he wielded was enough to block the attack.

Shadow spun the staff, releasing a wave of lightning forward. It collided with Salem, leaving a gash in her waist, it liquified and regenerated.

Shadow used Neo's semblance again, leaving an illusion behind.