War

With Twilight academy having won the Vytal festival, the school representatives returned to their respective kingdoms.

And as promised, Shadow now stood on the bridge of his dreadnaught. The ship was uncloaked, revealing its size to all of Atlas, being four times the size of their warships.

Shadow had mercenaries sent after him, and with a adequate bribe the mercenaries pointed him too Atlas, giving him a very clear picture on who called the hit.

Now he was parked outside, requesting docking from Atlas.

Shipsmam: Sir! They... They have turned down our docking request...

Shadow: ...What?

Shipsmam: They're reason for so... is well... permission for speak freely?

Shadow: Granted.

Shipsmam: Utter Bullshit sir.

Shadow: Hm... I see.

Sienna: Typical Atlas, hiding within their floating city. Where they can pretend they are higher than everyone else.

Shadow had brought Sienna along as his personal advisor, she had discarded her white fang apparel, and now adorned a high ranking Umbaran officer suit.

Shadow: I feel as if your back-up plan will be needed.

Sienna: I agree my lord.

Shadow: Hrm, very well. Prepare for transmission.

Sienna: The best way to hurt a kingdom...

Sienna stared out the front window at the floating city before her.

Sienna: Is through its people.

...

The people of Mantle moved through their lives relatively peacefully. Even though the Faunus people were regularly oppressed, there was nothing they could do about it.

Where would they go? The Schnee dust company reached all corners of Remnant. And most of them had sorry enough paychecks to barely pay for their taxes.

A Faunus miner walked past a broadcast screen, sighing at the paycheck in his hand, before stuffing it in his pocket.

As he was about to pass the screen, it flickered on, but with a purple screen instead of blue.

The miner stopped and walked backwards to the screen, as The Black king was shown. He stood tall and proud, his face a void of emotion.

Shadow: Good evening the people of Mantle and Atlas. If you do not know who I am, I am Shadow, The Black king. I rule over the Twilight kingdom.

Shadow: It has come to my recent attention, while witnessing the hateful acts of my own people, was the SDC's acts towards non-umbaran workers.

The miner had heard of that, how the SDC was forced to run back to Atlas with their tail between their legs.

Shadow: These acts are inhumane, and must be stopped. And unlike the politics in Atlas, I make changes.

Shadow: I offer a gift to all those who are oppressed by the SDC, or are oppressed in general. The Twilight kingdom will gladly welcome all those who wish to live freely.

Shadow: You will be offered any job you wish, with free housing and a opportunity for a new life.

Shadow: Transport ships will be landing on the outskirts of Mantle. Robyn Hill will be coordinating the boarding. Those ships will be there for one week and available to all those who wish.