Old enemies

Mercury, Emerald, and Neo rode a civilian bullhead. Mercury sitting by the window, Emerald sitting at the entrance, and Neo sitting between them.

Their retrieval of Roman's goods went smoothly, they had to lose some Atlesian soldiers though, obviously, someone higher up didn't like Shadow's plan.

But Atlas's reach only went so far, once they got to the airport, they stopped their pursuit. Things went rather smoothly from then on out. Even though they had a slight problem with Mercury's legs and a metal detector. Use of Emerald's semblance and they were through. Mercury grew slightly concerned for his partner, who had begun to complain about a headache.

Emerald explained that it was the result of using her Semblance. But the more she used it, the less the headaches occurred, this calmed Mercury down.

He looked out the window, watching as the sea of sand flew by underneath. The lights of Vacuo illuminated as the bullhead flew into the landing platform. The three stood, moving wordlessly. Emerald carried one duffel bag, while Mercury carried two. Neo walked In between the two of them, occasionally checking her scroll.

They exited the bullhead and looked around, it was a city to be sure. Smaller than Vale, more slum-like. They remembered Shadow taking them he would meet them there, but where was he?

As the people began filing out, only one person remained. A brown cloaked figure, their robes draping over their entire body so nothing could be seen.

Figure: Ah, you have made it.

The three exchanged confused glances, wondering who this person is.

Figure: Would you please follow me?

The figure motioned to the group, beginning to walk into the city. The three looked at each other hesitantly, before following behind. They walked through the city, Mercury witnessing several muggings as they walked.

Emerald: Where are you taking us?

Figure: To your new home.

Mercury: Why?

Figure: I made a promise.

They reached the neighborhood district, where there was a homey feel even if the houses were small. The cloaked figure unlocked the door and motioned for the three to enter.

Once they did so, the Figure closed the door behind him. They looked around, seeing a hallway that most likely led to bedrooms and a bathroom. A kitchen and they were currently standing in the living room.

Mercury: Alright, who are you?

The figure pulled down his hood to reveal Shadow, surprising the three. He had a device situated on his mouth, so when he spoke it changed what he sounded like.

Shadow: I apologize for not revealing my identity sooner, but I doubt the normal people would care for me very much.

Emerald: What's that on your mouth?

Shadow: A voice changer, I used it to hide my identity.

Shadow's voice changed mid-speech due to him removing the device. Satisfied, Emerald, Mercury, and Neo went to explore their home as Shadow hung up his robes.

Emerald walked to the bedrooms, a small smile creeping onto her face. She grew up in an orphanage, and after that, the streets. The only thing she had close to her own room, was the half dorm she shared with Cinder. Now she shivered, thinking about sharing a room with that murderer again. She took Thief's respite out of their holsters and placed them on the table, before sitting on her bed and leaning back.