Truce

Shadow stealthily followed Watts, as he traveled through the streets of Mantle.

Shadow wanted to know why he was here, but couldn't turn to smoke while carrying the suitcase.

He then got an idea.

Leaving the suitcase in an alleyway, he waited as Watts rounded the corner. Using the Maiden power, Shadow moved a piece of paper with the wind.

It first collided with Watts's scroll, gaining his immediate attention. Watching as the paper twirled through the air, and passing by a lone suitcase.

Curiosity got the best of Watts, as he made his way towards the suitcase. Kneeling down to examine it, he slowly unclipped it, and opened.

His eyes widened at the relic within, before quickly closing the suitcase and walking off.

Watts pressed his scroll against the unlocking device, unlocking the door and stepping inside.

Shadow saw that Watts had several monitors, each seemingly the most important pieces of the apartment. With a basic bed, drawer and fridge in the other room.

Watts set the suitcase onto a desk, and went to his monitors.

As he leaned over to type something, the suitcase began excreting black smoke. It swirled to the ground, and formed Shadow, who still went unnoticed by Watts.

Shadow looked closer at what Watts was doing, he seemed to be reviewing the Atlas security network.

Watts turned around to inspect the suitcase again, only to find Shadow standing there.

Watts: You...

Shadow: Me.

To Watts credit, he remained fairly calm at the Grimm within his apartment.

Watts: Why are you here?

Shadow saw Watts' hand move back to a drawer. Where Shadow knew he kept his revolver.

Shadow slammed the drawer shut, before Watts to stick his hand within.

Shadow: Believe it or not. I did not come here to kill you.

Watts: Oh?

Shadow: If I wanted to, I would have done so already.

Watts: ...Fair enough. But why are you here?

Shadow: Why are you studying Atlas's security network?

Watts: Answering a question with a question I see...

Shadow: We are here for very similar reasons. You want to disgrace Atlas, the same way they disgraced you.

Watts: And why is this important?

Shadow: Because I believe we can help each other. You need muscle to fully disgrace them, while Tyrian would be perfect for this job... We both know what happened to him.

A bead of sweat dropped down Watts temple, despite the cold weather outside.

Watts: And what do you get out of this?

Shadow: I am not the most technologically savvy person. If I am to get into Atlas academy, I will need help to get past their security.

Shadow: That is why-

Shadow extended his hand.

Shadow: I propose a truce.

Watts weighed his options, before shaking Shadow's hand.