One step closer

The surrounding world slowly gains color, showing a endless sea of desert. Sand as far as the eye can see.

A hooded figure slowly comes into view a brown cloak draped over their head and back. Their identity is hidden by the hood, only their body being visible.

The hooded figure continues to walk across the desert, using a black glaive as a walking stick. Keeping a balance even as he scaled large dunes.

Time passed as the figure walked, never seeming to stop for food, water, or even to rest. Eventually, the figure stopped, hearing a rumbling noise.

They placed a palm to the ground, feeling the rumbling coming from that area. They backflipped, using an arm to stabilize themself before landing.

The sand exploded where they previously stood, revealing a sulphur fish nest. The small, silverfish, like Grimm crawled out of the hole. The horde noticed the figure and began swarming towards them.

The most sensible thing to do would be to run, but he figure only brought his glaive around to a defensive position.

The first sulphur fish descended upon the figure, who slashed in a wide arc, the sulphur fish turning to dust.

Stomping on another, the figure ran in a circle around the hole. Trying to determine the number of sulphur fish leaving the nest.

Forced to stop, the figure kept the sulphur fish from swarming them by swinging the glaive in another wide arc. But that only worked for so long, the number of Grimm eventually got overwhelming.

The figure turned in a circle, seeing that they were surrounded. The figure stabbed the glaive into the ground, standing with their fists clenched.

The clouds above began to swirl around, thunder was heard as the clouds gained a darker color.

Just as the sulphur fish descended onto the figure, lightning crashed down. It struck the figure who acted like a lightning rod, the surrounding sulphur fish were all electrocuted back. The Grimm within a fifteen foot radius all turned to dust.

Realizing their swarm tactics wouldn't work, the sulphur fish began swarming into a large mass. The mass grew in size and took shape, forming a large ball that grew arms.

The figure watched as this happened, the pink veins on his body glowing. The ball launched itself forward, swinging a fist forward to smash the figure. It hit sand as the figure was already gone.

Floating off the ground, lightning trailing around their body. The figure extended their hands, lightning flying out of their palms.

The lightning destroyed the arm of the sulphur mass, but it formed another arm as more sulphur fish swarmed the body. It began slowly growing in size, as the figure watched.

???: Hmm.

The mass moved forward throwing a punch at the figure, the figure flew towards the mass, lightning exploding at their feet.

The mass grew as it flew forward, forming a gaping maw that the figure flew into. The mouth closed around the figure, but not before the figure's punch collided.

A white, electric explosion occurred within. Exploding outward, destroying all of the sulphur fish.

The figure emerged from the black dust, and walked towards his glaive. Reaching back to remove his hood.

The hood fell to his shoulders, revealing Shadow's flame-like hair. It flowed in the wind as Shadow observed the horizon. His eye-flames extinguishing as the pink veins receded.