One-on-one

More weeks had passed, Shadow had agreed to train the girls of Team RWBY both physically and mentally. He had to be quick though, because his window was closing fast.

Right now, he was training with Blake. The clang's of blades colliding was heard.

Shadow dashed forward, using the length of his glaive to his advantage. Blake was in awe at Shadow's acrobatic prowess, his weapon was quite literally, an extension of himself.

He flipped and spun around, allowing him to move his longer weapon to deflect her smaller weapon easily. Twirling the glaive, he struck at Blake. The Faunus leaving a clone behind to take the hit.

But that was what Shadow wanted. Blake's clone exploded but Shadow left his own to take the hit. Stabbing his glaive into the ground, he used the staff to swing and launch himself towards Blake.

Removing the glaive from the ground, he brought it down for an overhead slash. Blake used her Semblance again, leaving a clone behind. But her eyes widened out of fear as Shadow cut the clone in half.

But she shook it off quickly, and rushed forward to attack.

Shadow: Hm, (deflects Blake's attack) Blake. I have a question about your semblance.

Blake: What, (grunts) is it?

The two spoke as the sparred, Shadow not stopping for a moment to talk. He swung in a wide arc, Blake leaping up to dodge.

Shadow: I have read... (twirls his glaive so the staff redirects Blake's blade, allowing him to kick her chest) that a semblance is a representation of your personality.

Blake: And? What does, (uses her Semblance to dodge backward, but Shadow follows) that mean?

Shadow: Your semblance reveals your personality. (He angles the blade to block the bullets from Blake) You leave a clone behind to take the damage as you run away.

Shadow: But... what does that tell me about you?

Blake froze, as Shadow trailed his weapon tot he ground.

Shadow: Do you prefer to run from your problems? Leaving your friends behind to deal with them?

Blake: Wha-? N-No!

Shadow: Do you? How many problems have you run from in the past, instead of facing them?

Blake's eyes widened, did he know about Adam?

Shadow: What will happen... when your past catches up to you.

An image passed through Blake's mind, her partner Yang stabbed through the chest by Adam. Her mechanical arm long gone with the building burning around them.

Shadow: Will you run?

Shadow sliced at Blake, catching her off guard. She weakly held her blade up to block it.

Shadow: Just like you did last time?

Blake: N-No!

Shadow: You would.

Blake: I wouldn't!

Shadow: Are you sure? How many problems have you run from in the past?

Blake froze, getting teary eyed over memories. Realizing he should stop, Shadow stood from his attacking position.

Blake: Y-Your right... (exhales slowly) I do run away from my problems, instead of facing them. My semblance is entirely based off that... I used to have another partner... who I thought was fighting for something I believed in, but then I saw who he truly was... and I ran.