The Beacon dance/changing the timeline part 1

The Beacon Dance concluded as well as anyone expected. The students enjoyed themselves, the guests felt welcome, and romance had begun to bud. Many Huntsmen and Huntress-in-training took advantage of the Dance to ask their teammates out as dates, to hopefully convey their growing feelings that always bloomed in teams such as these, as well as foreign students meeting their Valian counterparts. One such couple was Neptune and Weiss, whom may not have come together to the Dance, had clearly enjoyed each other's company, and had left together, arm in arm.

Another couple however, weren't so lucky. It was clear to nearly everyone who met Ren and Nora that they were together. How well they played off one another, communicated, and understood each other, made them appear to be a strong couple long since in love. But it was always a shock to learn that they were merely friends, even to their own companions.

The truth of course was that the pair were in love with one another. Spending nearly a decade together, without question had caused both Ren and Nora to fall for each other, but certainly there was more to it than that. While the couple hadn't confessed their feelings that night, their dancing and time alone had only deepened their feelings for one another. How much longer would they wait was only something the Gods knew.

One couple however, stole the entire show. When Jaune Arc strutted into the dance hall wearing a white dress that barely fit his tall frame, all heads turned in shock. None were as shocked as Pyrrha, who couldn't believe that her captain had kept his word. She couldn't contain her laughter at this realization, which the many onlookers had expected such a reaction. Who was this joker coming up to Pyrrha Nikos, a champion of Mistral, asking her to dance? Of course the partygoers had no clue that Jaune was her captain, as it seemed obvious that any team Pyrrha was a part of, would make her captain. They weren't wrong to think so, given the young woman's prestige, though they couldn't see what Pyrrha saw in him, as she shocked them when she accepted his proposal.

The two danced alongside their teammates to the surprise of the attendees, but surprised them further when they danced to several slow songs. Jaune and Pyrrha could not keep their eyes off one another as they swayed gracefully to the music along with the other dancers. Nora watched them mischievously, as she knew how much Pyrrha had fallen for their captain, and wasn't able to hold back a cheeky grin at the scarlet haired woman's blissful smile. Across the Dance floor were Neptune and Weiss, who were also keeping an eye on the unlikely couple. The white-haired woman didn't quite understand Pyrrha's attraction to Jaune, as she had found his advances and behaviour rather cringe worthy. And yet, she had to give the young man credit.

By being himself, he was able to win over Pyrrha's heart without even trying. Furthermore, by going so far as to humiliate himself in front of a crowd, he now had her in his arms, smiling as if she was on her wedding day. Weiss had assumed Pyrrha would have gone after a warrior as mighty as herself, but if she wanted a man like Jaune, then who was she to judge? After all, that same man had convinced Neptune to take back his rejection, so perhaps a thank you and some respect was in order.

With the conclusion of the Dance, the couples were now going on their separate ways. The Beacon students were returning to their dorms, and the foreign students to their arraigned lodgings. Some had decided that the night was still young, either because they weren't first year students, who would be sent on their first missions guided by veteran Huntsmen, or would gladly pay the cost of sleep for a few more hours of fun.

One such couple was Sun and Blake. While initially rejecting Sun's request to the Dance, Blake had come around thanks to Yang's advice. She was having trouble admitting it, but she had enjoyed herself far more than she thought possible. Sun had proven himself to be far more of date and dance partner than she had assumed. He had given her his entire focus, and communicated through his eyes so clearly, that it was as if she was able to read his thoughts.