Combat Training

As Yang dragged away Shadow, Violet examined what he was reading. A computer screen showed the activity of the White Fang, and the books were all on the history of recent events.

Violet: Why would Shadow want to know more about that?

Yang prepped her gauntlets, before standing in a boxing pose. Weiss rotated her dust chamber, selecting fire dust. Blake removed her Gambol shroud from it's sheath, while Ruby shifted crescent Rose to sniper mode.

Yang: This should be easy.

Blake: Don't underestimate him.

Weiss: He doesn't even have a weapon!

She ate her own words when Shadow summoned his glaive, holding it in a defensive position.

Yang: You just had to say something, didn't you?

Goodwitch: Begin!

Team RWBY rushed towards Shadow, who didn't move letting the huntresses-in-training come to him.

Jack: Alright, here's some info. Ruby's scythe, while powerful, is slower to swing due to its size.

Shadow rolled forward, dodging beneath the swing of the scythe. Yang charging forward as he rolled.

Jack: Yang uses a boxing fighting style, with her shotgun gauntlets can be particularly deadly. Keep her out of range, and don't touch her hair.

Shadow kicked Yang's feat out from beneath her, making her fall onto her back. Staying low to the ground, he watched Weiss charge him as Ruby took aim.

Weiss, while fast with her rapier, her most unpredictable element was with her glyphs. But what couldn't be countered, could be copied.

Blocking with the staff of his glaive, he pushed her back, and slashed her with the blade. Her Aura tanking the damage, she twirled and skidded to a stop with the help of her glyphs.

As Weiss skated around Shadow, she suddenly tripped forward. Looking behind her, she saw a black glyphs under her feet, and Shadow with his glaive pointed at her.

Yang had gotten back up, and tried attacking Shadow from behind. But to everyone's surprise, Shadow turned his spine a full one hundred and eighty degrees and grabbed her arm. Turning to smoke, and resting inside Yangs prosthetic, he appeared out, grabbed hold and threw her overhead.

Unfortunately, when Shadow turned to smoke, he had to abandon his weapon. This did not go unnoticed by the other fighters.

Ruby: Yang! (Shoots at Shadow, who promptly blocks with a glyph) Are you alright?!

Yang hopped to her feet, her eyes red and her hair glowing yellow.

Yang: Yup!

Blake attempted to attack Shadow from behind as well, much stealthier than her partner. But Shadow's superior hearing caught her, and grabbed her wrist as gambol shroud swung at him.

Blake was punched in the liver making her double over, Shadow collided his boot with her chin, launching her up as he backflipped.

Yang rocketed towards Shadow, aiming a punch while doing so. Everyone expected Shadow to dodge, even Yang. But he took the hit, his head flipping to the side.

Yang barraged Shadow with punches, which were increased in strength thanks to her semblance. Shadow did nothing to block them, taking the hits... until...

Yang reared back her fist again, blinded with confidence on why Shadow wasn't fighting back. She launched the punch forward, which was caught by Shadow.