(17)

Average Gore, blood and swearing warning :)

(3rd Person POV)

Y/n Stood there in silence, in that same building that burnt down all those years ago. She was only 14. Flames flicker around her, and eyeing the flames that crept up the wooden beams of the building. Petrified, she was frozen to her spot. Her worried gaze travelled to her older brother sitting beside her. He gave her a look of dismay and stood up. His gaze grew dark and 3 males turned up at the fire filled doorway. They took his hand and ran out of the building without her. Y/N's mind ran with panic and stress and all collapsed in on itself. 

(Y/N POV)

I shoot up from my position, the horrid nightmare still fresh in my mind. I'm struggling to catch my breath back as if I just went on a long wrong. I gaze at Dream, who happily sound asleep beside me. I sigh, sitting up with my back against the cold bed head. Stress had overwhelmed me, causing me to keep awake. Sighing, I cup my hands over my face. It all seemed too real. Without even realizing, my eyes were blurry with tears. 

I jump and hold my hands over my face in an awful defensive position as a rough hand held my shoulder. I move my hand slightly to see Dream sitting up. I must have woken him up.

"I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry I woke up" I say quickly, almost panicked. Even though it was dark, I knew he had a worried expression imprinted on his face. 

"Why are you apologizing?" His voice was raspy. 

"For waking you up, I wasn't supposed to-" he cut me off.

"Its fine- I'm not a huge fan on sleeping if I'm totally honest" He shrugs and smiles comfortingly. I try and attempt to smile warmly back. He goes to turn on the round lamp on his bed side table. The yellow-ish light flickers on and my blurry eyes squint to the new lighting. I jump again as his rough sandpaper like hands cover mine and he looks as stressed as I am now. 

"You don't seem very well- Your shaking" His voice grew higher towards the end of his sentence. I gaze at him, panic glazing my E/C eyes. 

"I'm sorry" I say pushing my back against the corner of the bed, him still holding onto one of my hands.

"Stop saying sorry!" He raised his voice slightly, his tone darkening. My eyes are wide with dismay. His eyes soften and he sighs "Is there anyway I can help?" He asks in a softer tone. I shake my head. Tilting his head, he asks "Nightmare?" My only response was a curt nod. Dream hummed slightly. He smiled "C'mere" He moved his pillow facing against the bedhead. I move from the corner quickly, and fling myself into him. Dream wasn't ready for the sudden movement, and flinched when I wrapped my arms around his upper torso. He pulled me closer to him in a warm embrace.

"I'm really sorry, You've had to put up with my bullsh*t in the middle of the night. and that I've woken you up to-" He pushed my head into his chest, the rest of my "speech" was muffled.

"Stop freaking apologizing! your fine, that's all that matters. Okay? Focus on the moment now" He said sternly. I nod as he's still holding my head. He lets go gentility and wraps his arm around my upper back while the other arm is keeping her safely stable. 

(Dream POV)

 I sigh, watching her chest fall at a more even pace. I got to admit it was calming for myself too. I smile as I go to move my hand to a better position her eyes flicker open. Y/N's eyes gleamed in the moonlight and gazed up at me.

"Dream?" Her voice was almost too soft to hear.

"Yes angel?" I reply back smoothly.

"Thank you, and I mean it" She says, smiling with her eyes close. My smile widens and I move my arm to almost cradle her.

"Anytime." My head was beginning to ache and spin. Now or never. I have to say it, or it bad timing.

"Y/n?" I say quietly. she hummed to acknowledged she heard me.

"How would react if someone loved you?" I clear my throat to make my voice to be clearer. To my surprise she didn't flinch within my grasp.

"Loved me?" she repeated, her voice low. My only response is a singular nod. She gazes up at me, eyes sparkling. My smile widens. 

"Yes" I dragged out the "s" slightly.

"I-I" she seemed like she was searching for words. "I would feel complete" She snuggled closer into the side of my white t-shirt. I can't help the growing smile on my face. 

"You think you'll be able to sleep now?" I ask calmly. I see a slight nod. Good enough for me. I reach over with my free hand to turn off the lamp. When done so, I curl my body around her small frame. She was out, so quickly. 

If this is what Love feels like, I don't want it to ever end.

THIS IS NOT THE END NO NO NO NO NO! I HAVE MORE PLANNED HEHEHE, I wouldn't do that to you all so soon >:)

899 words

-Rex