(63)

For the final time....

Blood warning, swearing and possible character death

(3rd Person Pov)

Y/n scribbles a small signature in the bottom right of the leather book. Shutting the book, she sighs. Relief swept over here as she finally shut the book. Closure. That's what she needed. All her worries left her as she placed the book on her night stand. Although the cabin was usually loud, it grew ever so silent despite it being the middle of the day. I gaze at the book, it had no imprinted title on the top which got Y/n thinking for a while.

After a few moments of dedicated thinking she got under and rummaged through his desk. Eventually she found some sticky notes and a 1.5mm thick black marker. Placing the sticky notes on the desk she began to write. The name of the book? Maybe. But this title had more meaning than the surface. No tears she cried. Not now at least. She didn't have time to cry. She had to keep going, keep living for the sake of a legacy. She smiled as ripping off the sticky note and placed it carefully on the leather front cover. 

'Trapped'

Is exactly what it read. It didn't need at author. It didn't need an audience. It was just a book. But remember when I said it's more than meets the surface? 

It told the tales of the memories, the heart aches, the goals and challenges, the friendships and the broken relationships of those who served in her life. This book was the ever green leaves of a tree that had grown into its trunk. Grown into its legacy if you will. She sighed gazing at the window sill. Two full brown cat stared into the undergrowth intently. Y/n walks over to the two felines and strokes them along the head. They almost looked identical. The only difference that distinguishes the two is one Is more of a chestnut brown the other. Patched and Styx. The best cats you could ever as for. You couldn't find a better loyal feline than these too. Qualities that remind me of my growing experience. She signals the two cats to follow her. They both got up in sync and waited at the door. She smiles but her smile grows wider as she grabs ahold of the book. 

As she exits the door, she grabs a singular tulip and a crimson rose from the room's vase. It was still dead quiet in the house as she exits the cabin. It was becoming a new normal. All of this was becoming the new normal.

Y/n walk around to the back with the cat zig zagging out from her legs as she walked in silence. She didn't have to speak. No words needed to be exchanged. Smiling she made it to her destination beside the giant spruce tree. She gazed down, tightening her grip on the book. I miss  things, I long for things to be the same as they used to. Her heart aches for something to remain the same. But I guess you can't live without change. She gazes down at shiny granite tombstone as it stares right back at her. Sometimes knowing it happened is the best memory of them all. She finally puts down my feather quil as the chapter concludes itself. It's better to experience it than not experience it all right? She smiles as she places the book down leaning against the tombstone. Shes supposed to be happy, right? Happy to have had such an amazing experience. Placing the two selected flowers opposite the book, she turns her back. A tear pricking the side of her eye. She knew this was the end of that chapter, not the end of her story yet though. She needed to keeping living in the memory of him, it's what he would have wanted. 

Resting or living...

People will call them, best friends, friends, romantic partners, roomies, business partners, lovers...

But only only destiny and name is suited right for them. I call them...

Soulmates...

Well... Checkmate ;')

This story has been a blast. BUT DONT WORRY IM NOT LEAVING! I am writing the next story soon! So keep around for that! Im so glad that you guys enjoyed all it means so much to me that you read it all. You guys are all too kind to me and I'm glad to say I've had fun on the best experiences riding in my entire life. Thank you so much

I also want to say this is just an ending. Yes he died. This is just a memory thing, a way to conclude the story. Don't overthink it please :) Before I get any comments saying WHEN DID HE DIE- ITS A MEMORY. 

 -Words 769

-Signing off for the last time on this story, Rex