(58)

You guys know the drill, Swearing, abuse mentions and violence mentions.

You see, I didn't want them to be kicked out. I got kicked out for something I didn't do. I took the blow for Tommy. I was able to wrap my limb up in gauze I had stuffed into my cramped duffel bag I brought with me. Lucky me I guess. 

I was now currently laid in the centre of me and Dreams meeting spot. He wasn't coming tonight so it was just me, myself and Styx. I was very fortunate to own a feline who didn't sprint at the first sign of freedom. He never wandered, he just slept at my side all night as I gazed up at star blotched sky. I'd only been here for several hours, not even a day and my whole body tingled with loneliness and wanting to belong. Which had me thinking...

They kidnapped me, my own brother thought it would be a benefit. If- and only if he were alive, he'd probably be here with me. He would have argued in my defence even if I didn't voice for him. He may have been a terrible person, but he's in a way like me. Just caught up in a horrific mess with restricted sides. Everyone has to pick a side. I treated him so sh*tly, when he sacrificed his own life just so I wouldn't- 

My thoughts scattered when I hear a rustle of leaves brushing against something moving. I shoot my upper body off the floor, Styx was sleeping soundly on the left of me. He never sleeps through anything. I hear the clanging of armour as the noises started to become more frequent and closer. I gulp and snatch the sleeping cat into my arms. He didn't react quickly, instead he flopped like a dead ferret in my arms. I have to compliment him on his spinal flexibility when he wakes up-

A humanoid shadow appeared on the edge of the forest line. I gulp and it tilts its head. As it comes closer it takes a me a few solid seconds to recognise the figure. He wore dark clothing, navy runners with lighter laces but the only dead giveaway was the white bandanna. Sapnap.

He stopped when he was only a mere metre in front of me, his iron armour glistening in the dull moonlight. 

"Y/n?" He whispered, taking off his helmet. I clear my throat softly.

"Yep that's me." I say, sighing. He scratches his head, and hums slightly at my action. He gazes around with dazed eyes at my equipment beside me, not taking notice of the sleeping cat hanging from my grip. To be fair it was quite dark. He's acting quite informally, definitely different from our last interaction, that's for sure. 

"What are you doing outside at 5am in the morning?" He leaned into a whisper shout. I close my eyes and Inhale sharply.

"Chilling with my cat" I shrug. He doesn't need to know any extra information. I don't need him coming down on me with anger or rage. I watch his eyes wearily as he gazes at the outline of the feline sleeping in my arms.

"What's it name"

"His name is Styx" I say prominently. He shuffles his feet.

"Different name I see" he readjusts his chest plate armour. I nod. 

"What are you doing out at this hour" I repeat his question. 

"Early morning patrol" he shrugs. I put on a smile and gaze at the thick grass that lay underneath me. I begin to pluck a few strands and twist them around my fingers until they land in my palm. For a singular moment, I forget Sapnap was standing opposing me. 

"Mind if I sit?" He clears his throat awkwardly. I stare up at him. 

"Uh, s-sure" I pat the grass gently beside me. He nods and sits down slowly. His armour scraping against the other pieces as he sat. He apologetically glanced at me then looked up at the sky. 

"You know" he started speaking, which immediately caught my focus. "The other day, Dream got so mad at George that he chased him around with a frying pan" as he finished his sentence he glanced at me with a warm, genuine smile. A small giggle escaped my lips. Sapnap laughed before he continued, " He was screaming... ALL YOU DO IS SLEEP ALL DAY, AND WHEN YOUR AWAKE YOU EAT THE WHOLE FRIDGE IN ONE GO." I couldn't contain myself, I burst out laughing waking up Styx in the process. His ears perk up before his head.

"Oh I woke him up" my chest was recovering from my sudden laughter so I croaked the sentence. Sapnap smiled slightly before locking his eyes with Styx. He showed his hand to his nose slowly. Styx sniffed it carefully before glancing up at me, craning his flexible neck upwards.

"May I?" The man beside me asks cautiously. I simply just nod. His eyes lit up momentarily before slowly stroking Styx along his shoulder. Almost immediately he began to purr softly, lapping up every single drop of attention he was getting. 

"He seems to like you a lot" I smile. 

"He seems sweet" He covers up his cockiness with a nice reply. 

After a few heart beats of silence, Sapnap places his hands into his lap and glances at me.

"Dreams tells us about your midnight meetings you know" my eyes widen.

"Does he?" I say in a nervous tone.

"All good things I can reassure you. He really wants you around" he giggles slightly. " speaking of which, it would be nice to have you back" I froze. This is the man who wanted to paint my blood on a wall last time I checked. 

"Really?" Is all I can say. He nods. 

"Yeah- I know what your thinking. I may have gotten a bit carried away" he rubs the back of his head. He thinks? I sigh.  " I was just a tiny bit angry that you didn't want to come back with Dream." He huffed. 

"You missed me that much Sap?" I say in a fake sweet voice. His facial expression and narrows his eyes. 

"Not as much as Dream." He crosses his arms playfully. 

" I don't believe you" I point a finger into his chest, with a smile imprinted onto my face.

"Whatever,  but your still a L'manburgian. And if Wilbur heard of us in the area he would send to slaughter us." He breathed in deeply. My smile fades within seconds but I put on a neutral expression to replace it. 

"And that's that." He dusted his pants and stood up. He ruffled my hair slightly before childishly speaking to Styx.

"I'll mwiss you" he boops his nose. He turns his back but he spoke once more.

"I'll be around, if you ever need a favour just call out. I'll be somewhere" he chuckled quietly, slowly waking towards the undergrowth. I thought for a second before it clicked.

"WAIT" I placed my hands around my mouth to echo my sound to make sure he heard. He spun around and tilted his head.

"About that Favour...." 

And that's that. I will hopefully be writing daily chapters for seven days because of a certain situation but im all good, just means you guys get more chapters :) 

-words 1227

-The one, The only Rex