(61)

Swearing will be present and blood, your average warning 

2 days. It's been two days since I arrived early in the morning, pleading to stay. All seemed well. Me and George clicked once again, no apologies needed. We sat there for hours until dinner was called telling each other stupid stories, like we once did. Sapnap and I would bicker across the room until George told us to, put it lightly... Shut the f*ck up. 

Despite the constant yelling and teasing, I felt at peace here, as if I never left. 

This may be weird of me to say so soon, but my former attachment to Dream had begun to come back. I just felt drawn to him, as if I was never supposed to leave. Love is is weird. One day it decides, stuff over your life for this person. This is the one. The next day it tells you to hide, to just disappear. 

"Dreams cooking tonight!. Sapnap shouted, head inside the fridge. 

"Since when?" Dream poked his head out from the corner of the mini hallway leading to his room. 

"Since the schedule idiot" he ruffled a piece of paper in his head, head still buried in the fridge. I hear a grunt come from behind me, as the blonde strode along to the kitchen. He snatched crumpled piece of paper like material. His eyes scanned the paper slowly.

"Stuff you- the only reason why I am today is because you changed the schedule three weeks ago!" He shouted. Sapnap turned around, a box of cheese slices. 

'Well sucks to be you, doesn't it? Guess we'll be putting up with you terribly cooking tonight" Dream's nose twitched in anger. Furring his eyebrows, he growled. 

"Who says my cooking is terrible?" No one spoke up to answer the filling silence. After a heartbeat he sighed, gazing down at the cheese. He frowned. "Don't eat that, you fill up before you even eat dinner"

"Who says I'm eating your cooking" he stuffed a piece of cheese in his mouth and ran. 

"YOUR LUCKY IM NOT HOLDING A KNIFE RIGHT NOW" he shouted, shutting the fridge. Me and George shoot each other a knowing look.

"Imma go help him" I stand up, sketching my arms behind my back.

"He's a nightmare in the kitchen. Literally blonde version of Gordon Ramsay if you will" I snort at  George's response.

"I'm helping him, have fun by yourself loner" I turn my back on him and walk to the kitchen in a fast pace. 

"Gladly!" Is the last thing I heard before entering the kitchen. I see him there, beginning to cut a few carrots. I hear a growl.

"Sapnap, I swear if you've come back to taunt me. I will skin you al- oh y/n" stopped mid sentence to turn around and face me. 

"I'm here to help you" I say simply. He narrows his eyes. 

"Did Sapnap send you to mock me?" I sigh.

"No I haven't talked to him all afternoon." His face lit up a bit.

"Oh okay- could you help me cut these carrots while I turn on the gas stove?" He said innocently. I nod and swap places with him. I pick up with knife and twirl it in my hand. With a firm grip, I begin slicing the carrots into bite sized pieces with ease. Once done, I turn around to see Dream carrying the pot over to the sink to fill up, we make momentarily eye contact before he looks away back down to the pot. Once filled, he clumsily takes it back to the stove. He plonks it on the metal frame on the stove as lights it. 

"Y/n?" I spin around, he seemed confused or even embarrassed. "Can I ask you a question in hopes you don't make fun of me?"

"Sure, fire away" I smile. He clears his throat before speaking again. 

"I sorta don't know how to peel potatoes" he rubbed to the back of his head in embarrassment. Why wasn't my surprised? 

"Yeah sure, grab me some potatoes and a peeler and I'll show you how" he did exactly as I asked and grabbed all the proper materials and placed them on the chopping board in front of me. I grab the peeler and teach him where to place his hand. He stood behind me suddenly, his chest resting on my back. I push down my nervousness, and focus on the task at hand. 

"You put your hand on the arch bit at the top" I grab his hand and make him hold it. "Now grab a potato on the other hand, and slowly push downwards with the blade facing up" I instructed. He seem to understand almost immediately, because he began to do it with ease. One peel after the other slid off the potato revealing the raw white core. 

"I'm doing it!" He says cheerfully. I chuckle before smiling. 

"Yes you are doing it" we stay like this for a numerous amount of minutes. Watching him carefully as he peels each potato with caution. But before long disaster struck. I watch him slip the peeler straight over his thumb revealing pink raw skin. He yelped with surprise, letting go of the peeler in a hurry. 

"Tap. Tap. Tap!" I say, holding his hand and shoving it under cold running water. He hisses as cold water comes in contact with his damaged skin. I sigh with relief. After a few seconds of it being held under he tap I decide to ask if he was okay. "How is it?" He smirked but I couldn't see his reaction as I was faced the other way, holding his hand still under the freezing running water. In that moment, he moved his hips to place his chest against my back, leaning forward. I freeze.

"Now I am" I narrow my eyes at his cut. 

"Now you are?" I take his hand out of the water and turn off the tap. "Good, you don't need me anymore" I escape and move away from the sink. 

"Nooo, come back!" He flings his arms around me, locking his hands around my waist so I couldn't leave. 

"Let go" a small giggle escapes my mouth.

"Your not leaving a second time" he huffs as he tightened his grip.

"Dream come on, we aren't dating anymore. Let go" 

"Oh come on now, I know you like it too" he whispered lowly in my ear. Shivers go down my spine, and I yank his hand off my back. As I escape he begins to hum to himself. Usually does this when he wants to draw attention to himself.

"What now?" I grunt, turning around from the chopping board I had returned to. He smirked.

"You didn't respond"

"I don't have to" I cock my head up.

"Yes you do" 

"It's a rhetorically question therefore I will not be answering" I huff. His smirk changed to a neutral smile.

"No it wasn't a rhetorical question" he huffed "it was a statement"

"Whatever you say loverboy-" I cover my mouth, sh*t. I let that one slip out easily. I hang out with the bandanna man to much.

"Loverboy, Hey?" I hear the shuffling of feet come from behind me. I turn around to be faced with Dream looming over my cornered frame. 

"It was a slip up. What I meant to say was d*ckhead" I correct myself, clearing my throat. "I'm gonna go back to cutting-"

"We're not leaving that one, so quickly," he gazes at my nervous eyes. Who gave me this height. I will straight up murder who ever did. He lifts my chin up to meet his eyes. "You know you like it."

"DONT YOU DARE F*CK ON THAT BENCH. WE EAT AND COOK THERE" Sapnap slammed the bench causing us both to jump, mainly me though. Dream bursts out with laughter and I join him. Soon the whole household erupts into laughter. 

Home is where the heart is Huh?, funny story...

Hiyya! So I did another chapter. Woooo. Again thank you for all the support it means so much! 

-Words 1358

-Yours truely, Rex