Never Fall in Love Again - Asmo

Trying something different hehehe

It was perfect in the beginning...he treated you like the love of his life. And you felt like it. He would often shower you with affection and tell you how beautiful you were to him. He would hold you close to him and tell him how much he loved you. The emotions were so genuine and warm, you thought it was going to last forever.

You thought it would...

You were warned about his toying ways, but you didn't think much of it. He was different with you. Anyone could see that he was simply infatuated with you. Things just felt different between you two, like it would last centuries to come. Like you were destined soulmates.

You two promised you'd never fall in love again.

What a lie.

You couldn't really place when it started, but you noticed he would never look at you with the same sparkle in his eye. His face didn't light up like it used to. Even his affection felt forced and different. Slowly but surely things were slipping and the beautiful colors started to fade. But he promised he would never fall in love again.

Deep down, you knew he was getting bored...

It finally clicked when his eyes looked at someone else the way they used to look at you. Your heart felt like it was slowly being torn apart. It was excruciating to see him slip from your grasp. No matter how hard you tried, it was like trying to hold water. Everything just fell through.

The day of reckoning finally came...

"I don't love you anymore...I'm sorry."

At that moment, everything came crashing down. You felt like such a fool for believing things could be different between you two. That he would change for you...You fell so hard for him it felt near impossible to get back up. It felt like he left you to drown.

But no matter how much pain you were in, how much you wanted to cry, how much you wanted to desperately stay with him...you let him go. You finally let the love of your life go. And though it hurt to see him go, you wished him nothing but happiness. 

That and one final promise...

"Take care of them...and please...never fall in love again."

And with that...Asmodeus, the avatar of lust, was onto his next lover.

I'm sorry this came out rather late,,,I've re-written this wayyy too many times and just finished this up right now🥲
I don't think I've ever written something like this before but I'm ✨in my feels✨ rn and wanted to write something new so pls tell me what you think about it :)