Marriage

Rua Pov

Finally, the big day is here. This is the day where will be tying a knot with the love of my life, if you say am nervous that would be a understatement am terrified about falling while walking on the alter or forgetting my vows and so many thing that keep running in my head. This is why you should never leave the bride alone in a room and my friends and family did it with me. 

Then I heard a knock on the door "Come in" my dad walked in wearing a black suit.

"Hey Dad" I said hugging him 

"Hey, How are you feeling?" he asked hugging me 

"Like zillions of butterflies flying in my stomach" i said giggling 

"Ahh I understand i felt the same while i was getting married to your mother believe me a day before my marriage I was ready to take off because I wasn't ready to get settled." he said and i was shocked on how my father was sharing his idea of fleeing from his own marriage.

"Then what stopped you?" I said to know more of the story

"Your grandfather, he told me that everyone will get a cold feet a day before or on the wedding it's natural and that doesn't mean that your are not capable to start a new chapter in your life. If you flee now chances are you will be missing something best and more extravagant that's coming your way. People mistake the word "settle" to no more life after marriage but that not true there is more to life after marriage their happiness, their someone waiting for you back at home, there's a baby on the way, theirs a completely new life out there and that won't stop you from living it will only make you more responsible." He said 

"Wow dad thanks for sharing this with me" i said with tears 

"No problem, I have seen you love Nic and Eli dearly and that is why i haven't objected for your marriage he is good man Rua and am happy you found someone who loves you as you love him. Remember, you are my daughter and nothing in this world will take that away from me nor you. If Nic ever hurts you all you have you do is call me and i will take the next flight to kill him." he said the last part so seriously that I couldn't help but laugh.

There was another knock and i see everyone coming in and I saw grace holding Eli and i couldn't help taking him from her. Eli looked so handsome in his blue checks tux. He  looked so much like his father.

Everyone started leaving but I see that Zander, Blake and Om are still in the room waiting. Once we were alone Blake was the first to come "My sweet sweet Rua. You're the sister that I never had. You make me smile when am going through trouble, you make me believe to stay positive, you make feel loved and blessed at the same time. You truly are an angle for me. I love you no matter what. You'll have me by your side forever. If ever Nic hurts you all you have to do is call me. Okay" he said kissing my forehead and all I did was nod.

Zander came next "It's true you are sister I never had and instead am cursed with a devil of a brother" he said and that made me laugh. "Anyway that can't be changed. Rua I just wanted to remind you that you have another brother looking after you no matter what. You don't have to worry about anything. If you want anything you know what to do." he said with kissing me on the temple.

Finally it was brother "My baby girl, My nut head of a sister. I never knew or maybe ignored the fact that you'll ever get married and i have to see you go. You became a part of me when you were born. You were so little I was afraid that you will get hurt and till today am afraid that I will hurt you. The day I saw you in the hospital when you were born I vowed that i will protect you and i will not let any boy take you away from me. Today, I have to see you getting married, I wish i could reverse the time so you can be my Little Rua again" He said and hugged me tightly. 

"Call you when somethings not right okay you know that i will never leave you." He said and kissed my head

Suddenly there was knock on the door "Hey guys it's time" it was my dad. I looked at three of them and said "I LOVE YOU'LL" and each one of them hugged me and left the room. 

After 15 to 20 minutes it was my call to go. I saw my dad smiling at me with tears. He interlinked our arms together and when I reached the door the music started playing and I was nervous then i heard my father saying "Chin up love. Show them whose the boss" he said and winked.

Once the door was open all I could see was the man I love. I saw that he is wearing the same suits as our son and he looked delicious. When I was half the way up he turned around and I was awestruck with his beauty he was the definition of Greek God and am going to marry him. When we reached the end of the alter my father gave my hand to him saying "I protected mine till date and It's time you protect what was mine as yours. I believe you son" He said and kissed my cheek.

Then the ceremony  began and soon it was time to take our vows

"Rua Roy, I don't know when I started loving you, I really don't, I don't want to remember because I am going to love you everyday as if I just fell in love. You are my life, you are the very source of light for me. I want to wake up each day with you in my arms. I want to come home for you and our son. You coming into our life was so unexpected and at the same time a blessing that we two desperately needed. I thought changing houses or places will do good until you came into my life. You flipped everything upside down and started to rewrite a different story that I had no idea it will lead to this beautiful start where, I, Nicklaus James Williams take you Rua Roy as my lawful wedded wife for ever and ever." He said and slipped the ring in my ring finger.

"Mine isn't as poetic as yours Klaus. I will love you till the very end of the world. I did not flip your life you and Eli did to mine. You two entered my life when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Time to Time it became clear to me that I was where am suppose to be in your arms with Elijah. You gave me Elijah and a thank you will never suffice. You are the only source of light I see Klaus the only. Today am proud to say I Rua Roy take you Niklaus James Williams as my lawful wedded Husband. Today, Tomorrow and Forever." With that i slipped the ring in his finger.

Then the father said "With power vested in me I now pronounce you as man and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

With said Klaus gave me one hungry kiss and now I am RUA NIKLAUS WILLIAMS.