One More Week

Rua Pov

Yesterday night after talking with Ruth I was happy and giddy to know that she is going to stay with us here I missed Ruth so much she always had my back when I needed it. She is one of those people who know how to keep me grounded and slap me if it is necessary. Eli's cry pulled me out of my thoughts looked at him and saw him already staring at me with his blue eyes as if he wants to comprehend what am I think off I smiled at picked him up from his crib I love carrying Elijah he so cute that I want to carry him everywhere that when I realized two things 1. I never met Eli's dad I dont even know how he looks like and never did he come to check on him nor called anyone to know how he is doing worst he didn't even meet me his son's nanny what father is he I mean come on any father would be interested to know what is happening in this kids life dont they and specially a child who is not even one year old seriously when I meet him he is going to get it. 2 this is worst than the first I only have one week to spend with Eli after a week I have to join the university and I will not be able to meet Eli anymore after this week. the thought of leaving Eli is just making me cry I dont know how will I be able to go through not seeing this bundle of joy. On that I still have to talk with Mrs. Williams about me quitting the job as a nanny. Just then Mrs. Williams enters the room with a bright smile on her face.

"Hello Rua. How are you? and How is my little baby boy doing?" She asked taking Eli from my hands.

"Hello Grace. Am fine and Eli doing great. How are you?" I said 

"Well am doing great knowing that I have the best nanny to take care of my grandson" She replied and I felt guilty for what am going to say next but I cannot ignore it as well either.

"Uhh Grace i wanted to talk to you regarding the job"

"Okay. What is it Rua" She asked 

"Grace I cannot be Eli's nanny anymore because my university is going to next week and I would be busy with the work there so I would not be able to work anymore I hope you understand. I said 

"You really want to quit because we can still work this out you know I could help you and..." I interrupted her and said 

"No no Grace am happy to know that you want to help but I can manage I just wanted to inform you at the earliest so that you could find another nanny for Eli" I said 

"Rua please think about it again if you want I can pay to more.." 

"No Grace its not about the pay if possible I would work even if you do not pay me but I want to focus on work and this is what I want please." I said 

"Alright if that's what you want" she said with sadness in her voice

"You know Rua if you want you can take an off for the day and come back tomorrow morning I will take it from here" she said 

I thanked Grace and left the mansion because I couldn't stay there if I haven't said before I am very emotional person. I didn't want to stay alone I went to park near by and sat there looking at kids playing it was nice and peaceful then I though I could make this week memorable to both Eli and me or I made note of what I wanted to do the entire week starting form park to aquarium's to zoo park and many other place and though I would also buy something for Eli as a fare well gift from my side to him. After making the notes I was about to leave when I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw who I bumped into it was a man he was looking at me with mischievous eyes and a smirk which showed arrogance and that when I realized he had his arms around me and I immediately moved away from his embrace. 

"Hey Sweetheart. Am Blake, Blake Robbinson" He said 

"Hi" I replied and was about to walk away when I  called me again.