RUNNING

Klaus Pov

Have you ever wondered what it is running behind someone or more like chasing them down to talk with you. Right now am running behind Mr. Roy to catch up with him and everytime i inch closer to him he runs even faster, for his age he sure is a fast runner no wonder Neel didn't want to come for a run that jackass I am gonna get him for this. This man shows no interest in talking with me about the proposal I made few days back damn it. If it were in my hands I wouldn't even ask anyone's permission but Rua wouldn't like it she would be mad at me for not asking our parents permission. Finally the man stopped running and sat on the bench and I made my way towards him and sat down beside him. We sat there non of us saying a word I people laughing, the birds singing and I could hear my heart thumping fast and furious. That's when Mr. Roy spoke 

"Nic have you ever thought of having girl child?" 

"Yes Sir, I do want a princess who I can spoil and love" I said smiling at the thought of kids.

"okay! Now, will you love your lil girl with all your heart and make sure that nothing or no one dares to harm your baby?" he questioned 

"Of course, yes I wouldn't let any harm come her way ever and I will love her to my grave." I said with determination.

"Fair enough, now imagine she loves guy and because of him her life is in danger and she was admitted in the hospital what would you do"? he asked me 

"I will kill him for putting my girl in danger and make sure that he doesn't see her again. If he is a threat to my daughters life then he has to leave. Nothing will ever harm my daughter." I said with anger I mean come on she is my daughter no one touches my daughter. 

"What should I do with you Nicklaus? You put my daughters life in danger I almost lost my daughter my princess. When I held her in my arms the first time even I promised to love her till grave and even after that. I promised that nothing will hurt her or no harm will come towards her. But what happened she was in hospital traumatized from the experiences she had to go through alone with small child. She had to protect her and the baby who she considers her own and will not think of having another child if its ever gonna effect Elijah. She will do anything for him. Even after everything she still loves you to the moon and she will do anything to protect you. In all this my daughter is the one who is getting hurt I am not keeping my promise of protecting her as a father. Tell me Nic what should I do?" he said looking at me. 

Everything he said devastated my heart I hurt Rua more than once and even after that she still stood tall and proud with me without complaining. She took all the beating from Nate and Claire to protect Eli. Sure it broke me seeing the love of my life on the hospital bed. But she was a daughter to someone too and what he had to go through was unimaginable. For a father seeing her daughter fighting her life is the most devastating thing he ever want to experience and I made him experience that awful feeling. 

"Sir...I..." I don't know what to say to him a sorry won't do anything to compensate what happened. I feel so awful right now.

"It's okay Nic I don't want you to say anything. I just want to tell you that having a Child is not an easy business specially a girl because for a father her daughter is his pride and for me Rua is the same. If something happens to her I am the most affected because she is not just my daughter she is my life that I live on. This is the very reason I said No when you came home to ask me Rua hand for marriage. Because I wanted to see how far can you go to get her into your life and I appreciate all the effort you are putting into it and I wanted to tell you what it's like to have a child and almost losing that person. Nic I have no grudge against you because Nic you are great man, best father, an awesome son, a great bestfriend and now I want you to be a best of the best husband for my daughter and your wife. Can you be that? Can you protect her from harms way? Can you take care of my grandson and protect him? Can you Nicklaus?" 

"Yes" I said with tears streaming down my face.

"Yes sir I will protect them with all my life." I said again hugging him and crying my eyes out. And I realised how selfish I was for not thinking of what Rua's parents had to go through when the found out about her almost dying. All that thime I was on my thinking about me and my feeling not considering there feeling if Mr. Roy hadn't talked me through this today I forever would have ignored it. And this man here still has no grudge against me nor his wife they still treat me like they own son.

"Its alright Son." He said still hugging me.

We sat there for another few minutes when Mr. Roy asked me "dont you have any planning to do?"

"Oh yes I have. I have to talk with the others and get everything done." I said looking at him smiling

"Well what you are waiting for go on and get your girl and make her yours forever before anyone. And for the record do not let Om touch any of the arrangements that boy can be very clumsy and walks around looking at the sky sometimes." He said shaking his head and I know exactly what he means.

"Sir, I want you and Mrs. Roy to be there while I propose her." I said looking at him.

"Oh we probably have to ask Anita about it." He said

"Well then let go and ask her." I said getting up.

"Alright let's go." And with that we went back home to ask Mrs.Roy.

When we reached home we saw that Anita was in the kitchen cooking and Neel was sitting on the high chair eating carrots. Mrs. Roy was the first one to notice us.

"Oh great! Just on time for breakfast." She said serving a plate for each of us. I sat next to Neel who was looking at me expectantly and I smiled looking at him. Maybe he understood what was happening because he said

"Anut maybe you should pack your bags."

"What nonsense are you talking? Why would I pack my bags?" I said curiously

"Mrs. Roy he right we are going to US and change your daughters name from Roy to William's."I said and the next minute I hear a her scream so loud.

"O my god! O my god! You said yes! Yes yes I was so worried and even doubted if my daughter is ever gonna get married." She said hugging her husband who looked shocked at her wife's comment but didn't question her back.

Neel turned towards me and hugged me "Congratulations Bro! You finally did it you convinced my Uncle."he said

"Thanks to you!" I said

"Hey you should come too Neel." I said looking at him

"Nah I will be fine." He said

"No come insist" I said I really wanted him their.

"Nic it's fine dont worry am fine here in my kingdom." He said

"Nope you are coming pack your bags and meet us here in an hour and we will be leaving." I said with a room for argument

"Yes, Neel you should come, pack your bags and come back here." Mr. Roy said

"Alright Alright I will come." He said and left the house saying he will be back in a hour.

"Okay now I will go up pack our bags till then you two complete your breakfast."with that Mrs. Roy left the kitchen say she has to much to do.

"Son I will go freshen up and meet you back here."

"Okay sir" I said and called the others to  inform that am coming back.

This week was eventful running behind Mr.Roy early in the morning and seeing the Mrs. Roy's bricker about not saying yes to the proposal. Neel trying to help me with convincing Mr.Roy and finally him approving for the marriage is just great.
Rua am coming back for you baby.