//Book 2// ~ Ahimsa

3rd Person POV

Kara is laying in the protective suit on the medical bed. "Well, she's alive. It's only a matter of time before she's conscious...hopefully." Alex says

"She's strong." J'onn says

"Emotionally maybe." Brainy says, walking into the room. Alex turns her head, seeing him. "But her pulse is erratic. She's sick."

"The suit is still filtering the Kryptonite out of her system." Lena explains. "It all has to be out of her before she can wake up."

"How much is in her?" James asks

The group looks around at each other before Brainy is the one to answer, "A lot." He puts simply

"We do what we can while we wait." Alex tells the group. "Starting with the atmosphere. Lena, I want you and Brainy to work on getting the air clean. It's the only way we're going to get her out of that thing."

"Will do." Lena says

"If you're in your mind palace, tell Streaky I said, Hi." Brainy whispers to Kara

"I have my shield on me. I can help you find Mercy and Otis." James says

"No." Lena tells him. "If you go out as Guardian, you'll be arrested."

"She's right." Alex says. "We already have enough boots on the ground." James nods, walking out of the room with Lena. Brainy begins to leave the room. "Brainy." Alex calls him to which he stops and looks at her. "Don't go far. We need to talk."

Brainy nods, leaving the room and waiting in the hallway. When he hears the door open again, he tucks himself into a alcove away from J'onn and Alex

"Are you all right?" Alex's voice asks

"No, I am not." J'onn says

"Look, you saved her, J'onn." Alex says

"She came to me to help her fight this, Alex." J'onn tells her. "I turned her down. It was more important for me to keep my vow of non-violence than to fight by Kara's side."

"You chose to honor a new path." Alex tells him

"What if I'm just making a big mistake?" J'onn asks. "My father was a great spiritual leader. Maybe I never will be. Maybe I've just spent too many years steeped in rage to really change. You know, before I caught Supergirl, I was downtown at a rally. An anti-alien group. Full of extremists. It was awful. I almost...A friend of mine, Fiona, she's missing, too. Another alien. Missing. Just because I chose to lay down arms. And I left you here to pick up the pieces at the DEO. How are you managing?"

"I'm good now." Alex tells him. "Look, if you really want to help, you can search for them telepathically."

"All right." J'onn says, turning and leaving through the hallway. As he passes the alcove, he nods at Brainy

Alex walks over to Brainy, giving him a look. "What?" Brainy asks. "I was in the hallway first. How was I supposed to know that you and J'onn were going to privately talk right where I was standing?"

"That's not what I wanna know." Alex tells him to which he turns his head in confusion. "Did you find her? Is Willow Greene alive?" She asks in a whisper

Brainy looks around before stepping closer to her and lowering his voice. "No." He says with a sigh. "My search led me nowhere."

"Oh god..." Alex whispers, dropping her head in her hands

"What's wrong?" Brainy asks. "It's not like you believed she was alive."

Alex pulls her hands from her face, swiping at a tear that had formed in her eye. "No, I, uh, I didn't." She says. "I just...I want Kara to be okay."