//Book 2// ~ Crime And Punishment

3rd Person POV

"I mean, people actually believe that I attacked the White House." Supergirl says, pacing back and forth upset. "They think I'm a t*rrorist. Years of helping people just wiped away with one lie."

"No, not one lie, it's lots of lies." Alex says. "And Ben Lockwood has been telling whoppers for months. He's just creating division. And then most of the country is just terrified and now they're looking for solutions to make any sense of it."

"Shouldn't the truth matter more?" Supergirl asks

"Not when Lex is involved." Lena says. "He's an expert at perception. Consummate gaslighter. He can make you doubt things that you know are true. Listen, I really believe that the three of us working together is our best chance of vindicating you and catching him."

"Okay, so how did he do it?" Alex asks. "We know it wasn't Bizarro, I already checked."

"Shapeshifter, hologram?" Supergirl suggests. "Image inducer."

"No, that can't be right." Lena says. "The heat signatures don't match."

"I don't understand. What is he up to?" Supergirl asks

"I don't know. But we will find the truth and we will bring him down." Lena says. "All right, and to that end I've got a lead. But it comes from my mother. She said that Lex's escape from Stryker's Island prison wasn't his first. That he's been coming and going as he pleases for months."

"So someone's been helping him." Supergirl realizes

"The warden." Lena says. Supergirl nods. Then, something catches her eye. Her attention is pulled towards the hallway and she narrows her eyes. "Are you okay?" Lena asks, both her and Alex realizing that something caught Supergirl's attention

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." Supergirl tries to cover it up. "We'll leave in the morning. I need to go." She says, rushing out of the room and into the hallway. She rushes into the stairwell and climbs the stairs before flying towards the roof, following...something...

Pushing open the door to the roof, Supergirl looks around as the cool nighttime air whooshes around her. She scans the area before her eyes land on a green signature a few feet away from her

"Willow?" Supergirl asks in a whisper, walking towards the signature. Willow's body visibilizes on the roof. "Oh my god, you're here!" Supergirl exclaims, rushing forwards and hugging Willow. They hug for a moment, and while both girls want the hug to last much much longer, they pull away, knowing that they're not actually supposed to touch. "Where did you go?" Supergirl asks, pulling away. "You and Marvin...you never told me where you were staying."

"I'm not allowed to disclose the location." Willow tells Supergirl. "I'm sorry, Kara, I wish I could." She says in a whisper. "But there's been a spike in kryptonite here. A large one. I felt it where I was. I latched onto the signature with my own kryptonite and I was able to travel through it to here."

"I didn't know you could do that." Supergirl says

"I didn't know I could either." Willow says. "It was a theory Marvin had and it ended up working. My telekinesis mixed with my kryptonite and allowed me to travel through the kryptonite spike I was picking up." She looks at Supergirl. "I saw the news. I felt that you were in trouble. I came." She says simply. "I'm here to help." Willow says. "In any way that you need me."

"Actually, I could use your help." Supergirl says. "Stryker's Island Prison." She says the name and Willow commits it to memory. "If you're in."

"Always." Willow tells Supergirl

***

Supergirl, Lena, and Willow (invisible) wait in the office of the warden

He walks in and closes the door. "Warden!" Supergirl exclaims. "Sorry to interrupt."