//Book 4// ~ Lost Souls

3rd Person POV

"Brainy, we've got five Prime Phantom Progeny in containment." J'onn says as him and Alex walk into the hero lab. "It's getting a little crowded down there."

"I'll prepare another containment unit." Brainy says

"How many units does that make now?" Alex asks. "Is that four? Supergirl would have stopped this by now."

"And that brings us to the end of our Tower tour." Nia says, leading Lena into the room

"Thanks, Nia." Lena says. "First days always make me feel like an awkward school girl so thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome."

"I'd like to say on behalf of us all, how great it is to have you with us in the trenches." J'onn says

"Finally." Brainy says

M'Gann walks through the door. "M'gann, you should be resting." J'onn says

"I had a vision of Prime Phantom's lair." M'Gann says. "I think I'm still connected to the hive mind of Prime and his Progeny."

"But how is that even possible?" Nia asks

"When J'onn transfused his piece of M'gann's soul back into her, it was just that, a piece, and not the original soul in its entirety." Brainy says. "I estimate M'gann is still about 18% Phantom."

"I hate that you're still linked in any way to his kind." J'onn says

"But don't you see?" M'Gann says. "It's good news. Phantoms have the power to sense a person's life force. That means that I have that power, too. I can use it to hone in on a specific life force anywhere, even in the Phantom Zone. I can find Supergirl."

"Are you serious?" Alex asks

"We're gonna bring Kara home." Lena whispers

"It also means that M'gann can use her power to sense the life forces held captives in the Prime Phantom's lair." Brainy says. "There's a 99.999% probability that once we find and release them, they'll immediately return to their rightful owners, thus restoring the Progeny."

"Prime will have his Progeny protecting his lair." J'onn says. "We'll have to be careful around those talons."

"I may already have a fix for that." Lena says. "I couldn't wait to get started, so I stayed up all last night and made this." She says, bringing out a device. "I merged a DEO gun and L-Corp's portal energy."

"What is it?" Nia asks

"Well, I call it a ProtoTrap." Lena says. "It's designed to trap Prime Phantom and his Progeny hands-free and transport them directly to containment."

"Just like in Ghostbusters." Brainy says

"Except that's a movie." Lena says

"It's the perfect movie." Brainy says

"The ProtoTrap is real." Lena tells him

"Rescuing Supergirl and stopping the Phantom infection." Alex says. "I was afraid it was never gonna happen."

An alarm goes off on the computer. "The Progeny are hurting again." J'onn says, looking over at the surveillance footage

"There's a cold signature forming at the Noonan's in Grand Central Station." Alex says. "I'll monitor it from here."

"May I?" Brainy asks, taking the ProtoTrap from Lena

"Brainy, aren't you gonna want instructions?" Lena asks

"I'm a 12th-level intellect, Lena." Brainy tells her. "I think I'll figure it out." And with that, Lena and Alex are left in the room while the others go and fight