Chapter 2

After breakfast I just headed to my work space and continued working on my suit considering no one would tell me anything with Tony hanging around.

I needed to ask Tony something about my suit that I can admit now I just can't seem to figure out.
I made my way downstairs and it was empty, so I headed to his room and he wasn't there. I went to his work space where all his suits and stuff where at and he wasn't there either.

"FRIDAY where is everyone?"

"The Avengers are currently having a meeting upstairs miss Jane."

I huffed in frustration until I thought, Maybe I can just pop in quick to ask really quick for his opinion. Who knows when he'll finish and I really want to continue and I can't do it without him as much as I hate to admit.

I made my way to the elevator and pressed on the top floor button to get to his office where he holds all his meetings.

"Miss Jane I must inform you that Mr. Stark asked me to let you know that you are not allowed with them in the conference room during team meetings."

"Oh come on FRIDAY I'm just going to ask a quick question."

"I'm not sure Miss Stark."

"It'll be fine, Tony told me to come to him if I need help so that's what I'm doing."

"Very well miss Jane."

The elevator door opened to the conference room floor along with other offices surrounding it.
As I walked up to the door I was gonna knock until I heard what sounded like Tony and Steve arguing.
I know I shouldn't eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. I pressed my ear up to the door and listen to what was happening.

"I told you I'm not taking him in!"

"Come on Tony I thought we were past this! You know it wasn't his fault he couldn't help it."

"Tony I think Steve's right I mean you know it was HYDRA that was controlling him, he had no control over what he was doing," I heard what sounded like Natasha.

"He needs our help Stark," I heard Bruce say.

"Please Tony, just until we figure out a way to help him."

Him? Who are they talking about? Is this what Tony didn't want to tell me?

"Fine! But I swear if he does anything sketchy or I think he's dangerous in any sense he's out of here. I'm not having him here being a danger especially with Jane in the same house."

"Okay."

God I wish I was in there with them but instead I'm being nosy and eavesdropping on a meeting I shouldn't be apart of. It sounded quiet for a second so I tried to push up closer to the door and apparently it was still slightly open because of course I ended up pushing it open and falling inside.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing up here?" I hear Tony say as I get up to see everyone staring at me.

"Lady Jane are you alright?" Asked Thor.

"Shut up Princess thunder, I thought I told you that you couldn't be apart of the meetings! What are you doing eavesdropping now!?"

"I-I was just coming to ask you something."

"Jane I told you that this has nothing to do with you."

I didn't know what to say, on one hand I felt horrible for eavesdropping on something he told me not to be involved in but on the other hand it frustrates me that he still treats me like I can't handle anything.