Chapter 54

We got there about an hour later. Fury told us that they most likely came for me due to my bond with Bucky and Tony wasn't too happy finding that out which made not seeing him a bit easier.
He told us that he would send someone to come check on my leg tomorrow in the morning since it was pretty late. He said to not open the door to anyone unless it was someone they sent, he also left a credit card saying that down a mile right from where we were that there were a couple of small markets where we could get food.

We watched as he took off in the helicopter and then we opened the door with the key he gave us.
It was pretty dark when we stepped in until we turned the lights on.

"Woah," I say at how nice it looked.

"Woah is correct," he says looking in awe like I am.

The cabin looks very nice if it wasn't obvious from outside. The living room was very nice and spacious. There was a beautiful fireplace in the center of the living room area that's was made of cobblestone.

He's still carrying me and starts walking in and sets me down on the couch. I watch him go back outside until he walks in after a couple of minutes with a wheelchair and a smile on his face.

"W-What I thought we left it?"

"Fury had an extra one on the helicopter. He said Tony insisted on having one for you for when we land."

"Oh well, at least you won't have to carry me."

"I don't mind," he says closing the door and coming to sit next to me.

I'm glad to be here safe somewhere far with Bucky but I can't help feeling anxious over the thought of the team staying to fight.

"Hey," he says placing his hand on top of mine.
"They'll be fine, I mean...they are the avengers."

He responds as if he's reading my mind.

"Yeah," I say sighing and laying my head on his shoulder.

He wraps his arms around me carefully as we sit there on the couch in silence.

"You hungry?" He whispers to me.

"I don't think I could eat. I'm too on edge."

"Well I'm hungry," he says getting up heading to the kitchen.

I look over at the wheelchair and notice how it's not too far. I look to check if he's around and try to stretch and grab it. I try to stand on my leg and hop on it. Once I stand on one leg I try to reach and sit, I successfully reach and grab the chair but slip and fall.

I screech as I fall on my ass. I feel a bit of pain come from my leg as it hit the floor but other than that the thing that hurt most was my ass.

I hear Bucky running in.

"What happen are you ok-"

He stops in his tracks noticing me on the ground and just sighs shaking his head.

"I thought you weren't hungry?" He finally says as I sit there with crossed arms.

"I'm not.."

"Then?"

"I wanted to come with you..." I say looking sheepish feeling my cheeks burn as I sit there embarrassed.