Chapter 11

As soon as I walk in I notice a broken lamp on the floor as Bucky shifts in his sleep still shouting "No," into the air.
I walk in and close the door so no one hears and wakes up. I walk up to him and try to call him and wake him up but nothing. I hesitantly decided to grab and shake him lightly while calling his name in hopes of waking him from this seeming nightmare.
After a minute or so of shaking him he jolts awake, he grabs my arm and throws me under his body and pins me to the bed.

I don't think I've ever seen this look on his face. He looks scared, mad and on edge. He's breathing like crazy as he looks at me intensely, my heart racing at the uncertainty of what he might do next.

"J-Jane?" He asks out of breath with a now confused look on his face.

I couldn't even talk, I was in shock. He seemed to notice this expression as he realizes what he's doing and jumps off of me letting me go.

He sits down next to me on the bed seemingly running both his hands over his face in frustration.
"You shouldn't have come in here," he says.

"Are you okay?" I finally ask softly sitting up next to him on the bed.

"What?" He asks looking at me like I was crazy.

"A-Are you okay? I heard you screaming so I came in."

"I pinned you down to the bed and you want to ask me if I'm alright?" He asks still seeming very lost.

"It's just...you seemed like you were having a nightmare. Are you alright?"

"Im fine," he said after a moment or two. "You really shouldn't have come in, I could've hurt you."

"You didn't though."

"Well I guess you got lucky," he says with a breathy laugh even though the situation was obviously not amusing to him at all.

It's silent for a bit until he finally speaks.
"You should go."

He's right I probably should get to bed now, I still need to wake up early and I'm afraid he might've woken up someone and they went to call Tony and if he finds me in here with Bucky he will literally kill me.

"Yea you're right, I need to wake up early tomorrow," I said standing up heading for the door.

"What for?" He asks suddenly.

"I'm training with Steve to be in shape for my first mission, whenever that may be."

"Right, Well good luck,"he chuckles.

"Yea," I laugh lightly as I step out into the hallway.
"Well...Night," I said awkwardly before he says it back and closes the door in my face.

I head back to my room and drift off to sleep.

****

I woke up to the sound of FRIDAY telling me the plans for today.
I get up and put on my work out outfit before heading downstairs to quickly eat some breakfast before my first training day with Steve.

"Morning!" I say towards everyone there.

"Morning! What time is the Zumba classes?" Sam jokes toward the outfit I wore making the rest of the guys laugh.

"Haha," I sad in an unamused tone.

"So are you ready for our training?" Steve asks as I sit next to him to eat breakfast along with everyone else.

"Not really but I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be," I say before I  take a spoonful of the cereal I served myself.

"I'm sure you'll do great, right guys?"

"Yea!" I heard Wanda, Nat and Clint say.

"I'm sure you'll do excellent lady Jane!" Thor said.

"You're gonna do fine," Bucky said smiling from across me.

"Thanks you guys," I said even though I was sure to be a mess at first.

"Come on now, them Zumba stretches don't look too hard for you," Sam continues to joke next me eating his scrambled eggs.

"Hey, have you seen them lady's in action? Those stretches aren't as easy as they look," I reply taking another spoonful as Steve and the rest of the guys chuckle next to me.

"Oh you would know," Same reply's looking down at his food.

***

After eating I headed to the gym in the tower and started doing my stretches as I waited for Steve to come and start with me.

After a couple minutes I see Steve come into the room along with Nat, Bucky and Sam.

"I didn't know you worked out with everyone Bucky?"

"Well I haven't exactly been doing much exercise and I want to get the hang of my new arm."

"Oh well that's cool why are you guys here? I'm sure you're all experts at how to fight and stuff."

"You can never do too much to stay fit," Nat responded doing her stretches.

"Really?" I asked.

"We came for the Zumba classes," Sam joked next to me.

"Are you not tired of that?" I asked.

"Uh...No," he says with a big smile.

We worked out for about an hour and a half until I was too tired to continue. The only reason he really let me go honestly was because I had to get ready for the public speaking I had later with Tony to address to the press and public how my transition as a new Avenger is going to be.

I finished showering and stepped out of the restroom to head to my room. As I walked in I saw no other than Stacey sitting on my bed.

"Hey! Who let you in?"

"Happy of course."

"Well why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I wanted to surprise you."

"Well why are you here?"

"You know you ask a lot of questions."

"I-I like to be informed," I say looking at the floor embarrassed at my list of questions before looking back up at her.

"Well for your first public speech addressing your self as the new Avenger of course!" She said as if I should know already why she was there.

"Alright then."