Chapter 80

I woke up to the sun shining in the room. For a bit sleeping was really nice.

You know the moment you wake up and it's like you just came to life? Like you have no memories of anything for a split second and all you hear are birds chirping. All you see is sunlight and everything is fine.
Until your memories and worries come flooding back in and you have to face reality.

Yeah. I like that second.

I was in no mood to get out of bed. FRIDAY did a lovely job letting me know that the team was downstairs and wanted me to go and eat.

I didn't care, I stayed in my room and shut FRIDAY off from my monitor in the room.

I stayed in my room for most of the day but I swear every hour someone would come to my room and knock to see if I was okay.

Bucky hardly came after that talk we had but it didn't stop him from blowing up my phone asking me if I was alright.

Is he crazy? Of course, I'm not alright.
I just found out not even twenty-four hours ago that he was the one who killed my parents. How the hell am I supposed to get through that?

I did notice my fair share of messages I got from Stacey and Cole.

Cole was just asking me how I was in general.

Stacey on the other hand seemed to have heard what had happened surprisingly. Then I realized how on earth she may have known all this from the beginning before me. Bruce must've told her. They are dating so I wouldn't be surprised.

I wanted nothing more than to talk to her but I wasn't in the mood to hear a whole speech basically saying 'i told you so'.

I couldn't stand being in this tower anymore though so I did something I probably would've never done under other circumstances.

"Hello? Jane?"

"Hi, Cole."

I try my best to sound normal from my strained voice after shouting at Bucky and crying my heart out.

"Are you okay? You sound sick."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Listen, what are you doing today?"

"Nothing is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just in need of getting out of the...tower."

I say laughing,

"Oh well, you're more than welcome to come over. I'm just at my place but we could talk? If you want?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice."

"Alright then see you here?"

"Actually...can you pick me up? Sorry, I just don't have my car with me and Tony kind of got mad at me."

I lie to him clearly. I would take a car but knowing Tony he would track it and see where I went and right now I don't need anyone knowing where I am or bothering me.

"Y-Yeah of course I'll be there in fifteen?"

"Great! I'll see you then."

I hang up and get changed quickly. I grab my phone and purse and head out carefully checking that there's no one around.

I get to the elevator and once I'm inside I press the button all the way downstairs to the garage.

I wasn't going to take a car of course but Tony had a door here leading outside and he wouldn't be alerted as quickly that I left than if I took the car. He would've immediately got a call that the gates and the big garage door were opened.