Chapter 28

We ended up talking about something pretty serious.
She told me how Bruce has been talking about taking her out and she's worried that it's going to turn into something serious. She said she didn't want to ruin what they had going on which has been quite a while now.
Apparently they've been messing around since after he introduced himself which was about a month and a half ago.

Wow..it's been a long time now. I told her if she likes him a lot to just go for it but if she really doesn't want to then I told her she should talk to him about where she stands and if he doesn't feel the same about staying that way then as shitty as it may be she should end things.

Not too long after she had to leave earlier than anticipated sadly so I stayed on the roof as the sun was going down. It was starting to get hot this late May as I sat outside feeling the warmth from the sunset hitting my face.

I hear a sound come from behind me and I turn luckily to see what or rather who it was.

"Hey," he says walking up next to me.

"Hey."

"I was looking for you, I didn't see you anywhere so I thought you left but then I saw Stacey running out and she told me you were probably here."

"Oh. Yea we were just talking about...stuff," I say sparing him the details about Staceys relationship with Bruce that he didn't ask for.

"Stuff? Nice," he says amusingly with a smirk before sitting next to me.

"Oh I wanted to say thank you," I say remembering how he called Stacey over to make me feel better.

"For what?"

"For inviting Stacey over...you didn't have to. It's not like Tony hasn't left me here to go on a mission before," I say looking at my hands not wanting to look at his face as it breaks my heart having to think about Tony gone. "I know the drill already."

"Oh, it was no problem. Besides, she told me she had something important to talk to you about anyway? So I thought what better time."

"Yeah she definitely did," I say with a smile knowing she absolutely had something important to tell me.

We just sat watching the sunset not really saying much. I realized in this moment how little we talk at times, I started to feel self conscious about it. What if he thinks I'm boring? I don't know it's pretty hard to talk about common things going on in the world when the other person you're talking to lived during a time where none of those things were present.

"So anything interesting happening in...your life?"I ask feeling like I sound silly.

He looks at me with a confused yet amused look on his face.

"Um..not really," he says breaking into a chuckle. "It's kind of hard to have anything interesting happening when you're kinda forced to be inside all the time and not knowing anyone other than one person," he says now looking at the floor like it embarrassed him to say this.

"You know me."

He didn't answer right away but he looked at me puzzled. "You know what I mean," he says with a softer look. I do know what he means but I would love for him to know that now he has me whether he likes it or not.

"Come on," I say standing up.

"What?"

"Come on," I say waving him to follow me inside.