Chapter 24

"So just so you know I won't be able to train with you this week. None of us will, we're going on a mission," Steve says at the table as we are all eating breakfast.

"Oh yea I remember, it's fine," I said eating some of my bacon.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She nearly kicked my ass last week," Sam said from next to me.

"I mean do you think you could train me?" I ask looking at Bucky as it becomes silent.

He's eating cereal and doesn't really notice I'm talking to him until he looks up to me across from him. He turns to see all eyes on us.

"Bucky?" Nat asks.

"Yeah," I say smiling looking to Bucky who looks confused. "I mean if that's fine with you," I say turning to look at him as he continues to look lost.

"I-" he stutters finishing eating and clearing his throat. "I wouldn't mind, I mean if it's okay with you guys?" He asks looking at Sam and Steve.

"Do I look like a kid? I can make my own decisions without others input," I said with furrowed brows hating how I've just been letting everyone tell me what to do and who I can and can't talk to and what I can and can't be apart of.

"No- Yeah I mean sure I'm totally fine with it, but I won't be able to work out everyday darling," he says casually at the end before going to take a spoonful of his cereal.

My eyes widen at him calling me darling in front of everyone.

He notices everyone's shocked look and just clears his throat.

"I'm not sure Tony will like you two training...alone," Steve says looking at Bucky suspicious but ignoring the comment and saying that looking back at me.

"Yeah...Are you really sure that's the best thing sweetie?" Wanda asks.

"So are we just gonna act like he didn't call her that?" Clint says.

"I agree with Steve Jane," Nat says now ignoring Clint's comment.

Everyone now just starts talking giving their own opinion and butting in.

I slam my palms on the table standing up causing everyone to look up at me.

"Ok I'm tired of Tony and you both telling me who I can and can't hang out with," I say talking about Steve and Sam along with Tony.
"I'm not a child and I'm an Avenger now, I can talk to whomever I want and I don't appreciate the constant need to keep things from me and tell me how Tony will act. I don't care what Tony thinks at this point so I'm going to work out with whoever I want. Besides who better to teach me how to fight than Bucky himself. Now if anyone has anything to say about it or wants to force me to not then by all means start now," I say feeling frustrated as everyone looks at me not saying anything.

It becomes dead silent.

"Alright then,"I say grabbing my plate and my last piece of bacon. "Tomorrow then?" I ask towards Bucky.

Everyone stares at him as he just nods his head smiling quickly like he's afraid of what I'll say next.

"Okay then," I say smiling before taking a bite of my bacon and walking off to the kitchen to wash my plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my work for Tony late in the day and started watching The Walk To Remember in my room. It had just started when I heard a knock on my door. I turn to see Bucky in the doorway as he smiles lightly to me.