Chapter 9

"Hey."

"Hey so I need to run some stuff over you."

"Okay."

"So I know you celebrated and let everything out the other day or whatever but I need you to tell me you understand that being an Avenger isn't just about saving people and feeling good about yourself."

"Yea I know, I think maybe you should tell yourself that," I say chuckling to myself.

"Watch it," he says in a warning tone. "Well I'm glad because you know it'll be dangerous right?"

"Yes Tony I'm aware. I was just excited because this is what I've wanted for a long time but I understand it'll be dangerous and it's not all about just saving people and calling yourself an Avenger."

"Great well then in that case I'm going to need you to start training ASAP because you're not fit for it."

"Ok."

"So starting tomorrow cap is going to be training you as well as Sam."

"Why not today," I question to see if he'll actually tell me what they are doing.

"He's gonna be busy with Bucky..they're fixing his arm or something."

"Are you going to be with them?"

"Ah no I'm gonna go to a press conference actually to talk about you," he says pointing at me with a smile.

"About me?"

"Yea I need to publicly address what our next move is and how your going to be brought into the team."

"Shouldn't I be going to answer some questions?"

"No not for this but tomorrow we will be holding a live press conference or whatever here and that my dear you do have to be apart of."

"Alright."

"Alright we'll you can go on and do whatever I need to get going or else I'm gonna be late," he says before I leave.

As soon as Tony leaves I head down to the infirmary with Steve and Bucky.

"Hey," I say walking in as Bucky and Steve look at me confused.

"Hey I thought I told you that you shouldn't be in here," Steve says sounding frustrated.

"Oh relax Tony is gone on a press conference," I say taking a seat next to Bucky on the chair.

He doesn't fight me on it and just sighs.

"Sam isn't here?" I question since I saw him earlier.

"Nah he had some stuff to take care of," Steve said.

"Oh well then what are they gonna do?"

"Well we are going to put him under anesthesia and then we will remove his arm and replace it with this," he says turning to a case that hold a metal looking dark black arm with some gold tint to it.

"Woah," I say standing up closer to it eyeing it down and running my fingers a long it to feel the cold material on my skin.

"Yep, and it supposed to be more advanced and for Bucky's sake lighter," he says turning to look at Bucky as I look up to see Bucky is staring at me as I continuously run my fingers along the new arm.

"That's great," I say pulling my arm back and looking between Bucky and Steve.

"Yeah," Bucky said letting out a sigh. He seemed nervous.